Jersey Car

Jordan Neill

Nov 25, 2018
Hi Everyone,

Just bought a cupra 280, 20k miles. Great condition and great price. Have come from an audi s3 8l.

I'm impressed with the power but need to sort the skipping, think I need to buy better tyres and a good dog bone mount. Any suggestions???

Also already wanting a throaty sound, very quiet and the electronic soubd isn't amazing! Thinking of starting with an induction kit but don't want it too loud. Any suggestions? I've seen theres an r600, Any other suggestions. Has badger5 released any products? He was spot on for the s3.

Lots of questions I know, looking forward to reading threads about the above if no answers.

Deleted member 103408

Welcome to the forum,

Best tyres according to most of us are the Michelin PS4S not cheap but do the job
Yes to dog bone mount makes a big difference.

R600 Is deemed to be the best for air flow (if you are going to consider big maps) but when I had one no noise.
Revo do a very nice open cone system that gives you the right amount of noise without being overpowering but there are other open cone makes out there.

With regards to the Structure- borne sound actuator you can turn this off using OBD11 / VCDS / Carista along with many other good changes.
Or you can physically unplug it.

Jordan Neill

Nov 25, 2018
Welcome to the forum,

Best tyres according to most of us are the Michelin PS4S not cheap but do the job

R600 Is deemed to be the best for air flow (if you are going to consider big maps) but when I had one no noise.
Revo do a very nice open cone system that gives you the right amount of noise without being overpowering but there are other open cone makes out there.

With regards to the Structure- borne sound actuator you can turn this off using OBD11 / VCDS / Carista along with many other good changes.
Welcome to the forum,

Great answer thanks old boy, I will definitely save up for tyres and dog bone then. And thanks for advice on the sound actuator and r600. I definitely want a little more spoiling sound but not too much that it becomes annoying. I like having a sleeper....

Deleted member 103408

Most welcome, yes when I had the stage one map fitted I wanted a bit of noise but not in your face.
I also like the look of the open cone in the engine bay.
I personally went with the Revo one, got it second hand off of ebay

If you want to see what they look like in the engine bay check out my build thread here

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/mk-3-280-stage-3.445295/page-2#post-4786385

and I should also say that Racingline also do an open cone version of the intake (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RACINGLI...=item3d6f8babd9:g:a0MAAOSw9ZhbaZR7:rk:10:pf:0). Not used it personally but sure it a) does the job and b) will give you a bit of noise.

ChrisJKM

Aug 21, 2018
North Yorkshire
Hi Everyone,

Just bought a cupra 280, 20k miles. Great condition and great price. Have come from an audi s3 8l.

I'm impressed with the power but need to sort the skipping, think I need to buy better tyres and a good dog bone mount. Any suggestions???

Also already wanting a throaty sound, very quiet and the electronic soubd isn't amazing! Thinking of starting with an induction kit but don't want it too loud. Any suggestions? I've seen theres an r600, Any other suggestions. Has badger5 released any products? He was spot on for the s3.

Lots of questions I know, looking forward to reading threads about the above if no answers.
a res delete should sort the sound out. I've had mine done and it sounds worlds apart without being ott. also Invested in a stage one , 4 x PS4S and a forge dog bone insert and its a different car :)

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Jordan Neill

Nov 25, 2018
a res delete should sort the sound out. I've had mine done and it sounds worlds apart without being ott. also Invested in a stage one , 4 x PS4S and a forge dog bone insert and its a different car :)

Just wondering what res delete you went for? As the 280 had two. Did you have both deleted?
Thanks

ChrisJKM

Aug 21, 2018
North Yorkshire
Just wondering what res delete you went for? As the 280 had two. Did you have both deleted?
Thanks
no I only had the centre resonator taken out. they did ask if i wanted the muffler out as well but i go to work at 6am and didnt want to piss the neighbours off lol

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members