Jetex Cone Filters :)

Mar 10, 2005
Walton on Thames
What cai are people using for this? Ive got silver flexi hose but im pretty sure its attached to my airbox so wondering how it will attach with a cone there instead

If you look in the pic of mine you can just see my air ducting (from badger5) which used to be attached to my dynatwist. Its just resting there securely and it goes towards the rear of the wing, but I will move it to get more air flow to the filter soon.

Dec 31, 2005
London
mines now fitted and the dv sounds much nicer, although sat at 70ish though i can hear it hissing almost which i guess it should do as the boost isnt building its constantly releasing?? :confused:

Anyway heres a pic of it fitted now
DSC01487.jpg

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
mines now fitted and the dv sounds much nicer, although sat at 70ish though i can hear it hissing almost which i guess it should do as the boost isnt building its constantly releasing?? :confused:

Anyway heres a pic of it fitted now
DSC01487.jpg

The hissing will be the air being drawn through the filter.

Couldn't you put your MAF in the middle of the two silicon tubes? It might give it a bit more cushioning?

Dec 31, 2005
London
You going to have a proper bracket made to hold the filter? Yes we can all see the temporary cable tie ;)

:lol:

:whistle:

The hissing will be the air being drawn through the filter.

Couldn't you put your MAF in the middle of the two silicon tubes? It might give it a bit more cushioning?

oh right ok, should there be a cable tie around the pipe that comes off the top of the dv?
its a golf mk4 tip, so didnt want any stalling issues like philw had

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
QQ on these filters guys, I'm fitting mine tonight with my TIP but notice the filter seems fairly well oiled. I assume it's still safe to whack it straight on or did anyone clean and dry theirs out first?

M87NER

MATNER
Mar 11, 2007
Stoke-on-Trent
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Would like to know if these are oiled or not as i will purchase 1.

No 1 seems to have had problems tho after fitting them!

Cheers

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
Cheers. All done now, what a bitch that TIP was... never again

Can't believe how loud my 007P is now, what a difference. Can't really say it feels any quicker tho, maybe just a bit lighter on the revs

Mar 10, 2005
Walton on Thames
The tips probably added a bit of low down torque mate :)

although I don't neccesarily think its related, I've had to change my maf within a month of fitting the jetex...

ren87

Just ordered my kit with Jetex and Forge, thanks for the advise that I've been reading off this thread!

TommyCupra

Just Like That
Mar 30, 2005
West Yorks
this thread still going lol

Been using the filter for a while now and am loving it, no issues at all. Ordered a extra bit from forge and its looking sweet :)

engine.jpg

ginger_fool

Thanks for the advice guys will be getting the credit card out to purchase some bits and bobs!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.