oldskool

if you are convinced about these jetex filters, it may be worth checking the classifieds,

George 3G

KW & Weitec
Jul 28, 2009
Herefordshire
Got my clip from ebay in the post today. It looks a lot chunkier than I thought it would be, here's a photo of it on my desk next to my keyboard and iPod nano for some idea of scale:

Haven't taken it out to the car yet to trial fit but will do at lunchtime, have a nasty feeling it might not close right around the alloy pipe in my setup but will see. The holes aren't threaded either so it'll have to be a nut and bolt to fasten it I think, which may present a problem when getting some sort of bracket to use to secure the whole lot to the turret, if that's where I go for.

Did yours arrive yet George?

Mine is fine mate, as expected.

Mocked up my assembly tonight, tomorrow's job is to fit it all and then measure up for the bracket.

P8130002.jpg

P8130006.jpg

P8130007.jpg

George 3G

KW & Weitec
Jul 28, 2009
Herefordshire
Mocked the filter assembly up earlier, and cut a piece of carboard as a prototype bracket, then marked the hole centres where I needed them and finally measured the bracket and made a drawing for the machine shop at work:

P8130015.jpg

P8130013.jpg

BracketDrawing.jpg

I'm going to take the P clip to work too and grib the two flats in a vice with soft jaws, this should make them meet each other better without damaging the P clip!

P8130011.jpg

Monday morning I will order the stainless steel and nuts, bolts and plastic or rubber washers needed

http://www.metals4u.co.uk/detail.asp?cat_id=173&prd_id=3112

http://www.metals4u.co.uk/detail.asp?cat_id=79&prd_id=1970

As they say, watch this space :D

oldskool

why dont you bend the top tab up less than 90 degrees, maybe another 5 or 10 degrees and bend the top one down past vertical to about 5 degrees then its sure to meet , I think

George 3G

KW & Weitec
Jul 28, 2009
Herefordshire
Stainless steel ordered today, should be here tomorrow and so bracket should get made this week sometime.

This bracket will be my prototype, and I need to check with the mods / admins first but I'm thinking about getting another 10 or 20 laser cut, then inlcuding a P clip, stainless nuts and bolts and plastic or rubber washers and offering it as a "Cone Filter mounting Kit". Cost is going to be minimal and non profitable, probably between £15-£25.

As I said, need to check with mods and also interest :)

MarcGreenaway

Feb 17, 2010
Blackpool
May be a silly question, but when you use the coupler and joiner as mentioned earlier in the thread, they both also need to be 80mm for an LCR i take it?

Thanks

Feb 28, 2010
Southampton
Im tempted about swapping for an open cone from my forced viper kit............... dont like the idea of excess rain, leaves & small animals being sucked up!

But the Jetex doesnt come with any mounting supports?! Where did you obtain that "P" clip, good idea tho!!

On a side note then, would there be any harm in disconnecting the intake pipe on the filter end of my closed cone and leave it "there" so the airs being forced in rather than sucked?

Thanks all

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
May be a silly question, but when you use the coupler and joiner as mentioned earlier in the thread, they both also need to be 80mm for an LCR i take it?

Thanks

Yep, I got a short bit of silicone hose with an internal diameter of 80mm which connects to the MAF and the alloy joiner, both have an external diameter of 80mm. The filter neck also has an internal 80mm diameter. Seemples :)

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
Im tempted about swapping for an open cone from my forced viper kit............... dont like the idea of excess rain, leaves & small animals being sucked up!

But the Jetex doesnt come with any mounting supports?! Where did you obtain that "P" clip, good idea tho!!

Mine just came as a filter and a big jubilee clip to secure it to the MAF (or in my case the alloy joiner). At the moment my filter is just kinda wedged in with the rubber end cap against the inside of the nearside wing. Seems stable enough there and the previous owner said that's all he did with it so that's good enough for me for the moment. If I find a better solution I'll do that tho but I've checked it after each spirited drive for the last while and it's never moved yet.

On a side note then, would there be any harm in disconnecting the intake pipe on the filter end of my closed cone and leave it "there" so the airs being forced in rather than sucked?

Thanks all

Not sure what your intake looks like... Can you post a pic?

Feb 28, 2010
Southampton
Eugh photobucket is down at the moment so i cant post a big picture :(

Its in my little avatar pic if youve got VERY good eyesight or a magnifying glass! Or on here is pretty much the same set up as me:

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgu...aT1BQ&esq=1&page=1&ndsp=24&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0

So yours is litterly just wedged?! hummm, least it sits there happily I guess ;) I do alot of track days so will make up something like George has done then if you all think its not good to simply disconnect the intake pipe from the filter.

George 3G

KW & Weitec
Jul 28, 2009
Herefordshire
Stainless steel finally turned up yesterday so I've put it into the machine shop and it should done sometime between now and Monday. I've also ordered some stainless screws and nuts as well as an assortment of stainless and rubber washers, so it shouldn't be long before I can have a fiddle and mock up and decide on the final set up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fitzy7375

Oct 22, 2006
Burnley
I have been reading all your comments on the Jetex Induction Kit. I currently have a K&N on my LCR at the moment but it is getting very old...( had it for about 7 years now, modifying it to fit different cars I owned ). Anyhoo, I looked on Jetex website and they gave me the closest stockist to where I live, so I went down to this stockists and they quoted me "about" £95...does this quote sound fair ???

Jul 8, 2007
well since u can get one of bill for around 60£ inc vat i wunt say good price, altho u can pay me £85 and ill get one out to you off bill :D lol

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
:D
If folks want the FC08001 versions, and want a fixing point in the end, I will add an M6 stud to the centre of the filter so you can attached it via suitable small bracket then. As an option if you want it.
filter with the stud would be £52 from the £48 without to cover the time and bits I need to add to it.
regards
bill

George 3G

KW & Weitec
Jul 28, 2009
Herefordshire
Taken from my build thread:

Post #148

Bracket was made today, so after finishing work I got straight on fitting the Jetex.

IMG_0923.jpg

IMG_0924.jpg

IMG_0927.jpg

IMG_0926.jpg

IMG_0929.jpg

IMG_0930.jpg

IMG_0928.jpg

First impressions is the noise, it's incredibly loud, as soon as the car is making any amount of boost the filter can be heard, some noises it makes I like, some I don't. At the moment I'm undecided about it, I'm not 100% keen on the idea of open cones anyway, even with a cold air feed. I'm going to keep it on for the meanwhile, first job is to loose the Mikalor clamps and replace them with jubilee clips. Not only are they ugly and overkill for induction hosing, but they are so strong I can easily see myself over tightening the clip on the MAF end and breaking it.