joe's toledo mk2

damo :-)

Oct 30, 2012
Sheffield
Cant wait to see how you go with the bonnet as that's what I'll be doing first.

Been reading up on it and it says to use a good wax remover such as AS Tardis to get the surface prepped for maximum adhesion. I'd be devastated if it started peeling off after all that hard work.

Good luck mate, and get lots of pics up

Cheers

Damo

joe-20vt-toledo

Mar 7, 2012
got the bonnet done today instead of yesterday due to the misses :lol:

real pleased again with the results and the car now looks like a taxi:D heres the pics

Oct 30, 2012
Sheffield
Thats coming on nicely mate

Did you prep the bonnet at all before applying the vinyl?

Need to know before I do mine.

Was it an easy task? and any pointers/tips greatfully received

Cheers

Damo

Ps when you getting the cb fitted and how much is a fare from town to the station :D :D :D

joe-20vt-toledo

Mar 7, 2012
Thats coming on nicely mate

Did you prep the bonnet at all before applying the vinyl?

Need to know before I do mine.

Was it an easy task? and any pointers/tips greatfully received

Cheers

Damo

Ps when you getting the cb fitted and how much is a fare from town to the station :D :D :D

lol 2.80 min fair, and with how much my tolly drinks about £40 per mile.:rofl:

as for the prep same as ive always done, clean really really well with fairy washing up liquid in hot hot hot water, best not to use a car shampoo as some have built in waxes and such like. - dry off with lint free cloths. - then I wipe the panel down with white sprits on a lint free dry cloth covering everywhere then let it evaporate dry. - different parts need wrapping in diferent ways, like the bonnet I started in the middle where the raised strip is then worked it outward. one thing I have noticed is not to use to much heating and streatching so try to lay it down cool so to speak (nice hot day though)

Oct 30, 2012
Sheffield
Thanks for the tips

Will come in very useful indeed

One last question... when are you passing by Sheffield to help me? :D

Keep up the pics, really inspiring me

Cheers

Damo

joe-20vt-toledo

Mar 7, 2012
made some good progress this afternoon with the wrap, passenger wing and rear quarter panel all done hopefully have a bit of time this sunday to do the other side, wether permitting!!!

joe-20vt-toledo

Mar 7, 2012
well I removed the cd changer when I first got the car and ever since had a dirty hole full of wires that is until today when my glove box insert from sere motors turned up:D dead easy to fit and tidys it up no end, also managed to screw up the vinyl wrap on the back bumper so orded some more:( just waiting for some good weather now:)

joe-20vt-toledo

Mar 7, 2012
well the suns been out and so has the vinyl wrap got the passenger front door done after work today, just need to finish the rub strip and door handle, the door is white with the B pillar carbon if the pic's don't look right :D

joe-20vt-toledo

Mar 7, 2012
cheers damo its starting to come together now, stoped at a junction today and a group of lads said through my window ''nice car bro''. put a smile on my face on the way home. have you started yours yet?

Oct 30, 2012
Sheffield
Not yet mate, as not had the funds available

I'll let you know when I do any though, but for now im just enjoying watching your progress.

Great work

Cheers

Damo

joe-20vt-toledo

Mar 7, 2012
got my door handle and bump strip wrapped and back on the passenger door although it took me 3 attempts at the handle!!! what a shape, looks amazing I must say, refitted door card and didn't realize I had missed the inner pull wire till I gave my niece a lift home and found out she was locked in lol :whistle::cry: ill sort that tomorrow and get some pics up.

Oct 30, 2012
Sheffield
Bloody hell, your a pro at this

That looks the dogs, well done!

You going for some black alloys to compliment the white?

Cheers

Damo

joe-20vt-toledo

Mar 7, 2012
spending spree

going to pick up some cupra r skirts tomorrow i'v just brought on ebay :D:D:D:D

and as my l.e.d strips have all but packed up under my doors I treated myself to thease

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members