joe's toledo mk2

joe-20vt-toledo

Mar 7, 2012
:whistle:oh you mean who makes em ,
there called triple A. iv never heard of the tbh I would have gone for spec 2's or tr1's normally but they came with the rims so hay ho. to be fair they haven't skiped a beat yet but time will tell I suppose

daspeedfreek

Feb 22, 2012
north devon
Looking real good mate, liking the progress a lot..

Sorry to go back in time, but when you fitted your side skirts did you have a guide or anything to go by for dimensions of where to rivet the clips? I am having some lcr skirts sprayed at the moment and will be fitting them shortly but just wondered on where to place the clips. thanks.

Dave_c85

Dec 1, 2013
Looks really nice mate some top work. You can wrap my car for a 99% finish if you like lol. Also got quoted 1500 quid! I have far too many stone chips and scratches and on a black car it's really noticeable!

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

6larry

:whistle:oh you mean who makes em ,
there called triple A. iv never heard of the tbh I would have gone for spec 2's or tr1's normally but they came with the rims so hay ho. to be fair they haven't skiped a beat yet but time will tell I suppose

Yeah but they all look the same i suppose!

Nice to see the coilies have arrived, quite bouncy at time but I find but they ride smoothest with a full tank on board mate. These should set everything off

joe-20vt-toledo

Mar 7, 2012
Looking real good mate, liking the progress a lot..

Sorry to go back in time, but when you fitted your side skirts did you have a guide or anything to go by for dimensions of where to rivet the clips? I am having some lcr skirts sprayed at the moment and will be fitting them shortly but just wondered on where to place the clips. thanks.

hia mate I cant remember exactly the spacings for the clips on the skirts, but I used a guide someone put on here, I think there is a clip right in the middle and every other clip is 300mm centers off the center, the two end clips are 350mm centers from the others (I think) best thing to do is messure the center of the mounting points on the skirt itself to make sure hope that's clear. the part that I know is correct is the hight of the clips on the sill if you look at the clips they have a step in them with a definitive line that line sits 4mm below the line on the sill where the texture of the paint changes (the bobbly stuff) apart from that I used 4mm rivits to fix the clips. (warning) be careful when drilling the sills I snaped a bit and ran the rest of the drill bit up my passenger door !!! as luck would have it the car was wrapped and it took the brunt without damaging the paint take ya time.

joe-20vt-toledo

Mar 7, 2012
Looks really nice mate some top work. You can wrap my car for a 99% finish if you like lol. Also got quoted 1500 quid! I have far too many stone chips and scratches and on a black car it's really noticeable!

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

thanks I got a £1500 quote as well that's why I went diy for about £300 quids worth of wrap and my times free. its daunting but is really easy to do if I had the use of a clean room it would have been 100% and still on the car the trick is as with paint _ super super clean everything. oh and be an octopus

joe-20vt-toledo

Mar 7, 2012
Yeah but they all look the same i suppose!

Nice to see the coilies have arrived, quite bouncy at time but I find but they ride smoothest with a full tank on board mate. These should set everything off

we shall see tomorrow they'll be on:D

joe-20vt-toledo

Mar 7, 2012
right my mates just set up his new business and got his booth and paint shop all set up and I was on it like a tramp on chips:lol:

tomorrow - coilovers on

in progress - front grill with the ''s'' badge carbon wrap remove and painted gloss black with some seat emotion red accents between the lines of the ''s''

coming up - roof, B pillers, grills in front bumper, mirror caps all gloss black.

coming up - all rub strips on bumpers and doors and skirts colour coded

coming up - new spoiler in matching gloss black, ecs centering plates, exhaust, remap,

en route - red silicone tip

very soon - full sand and polish then buffed within an inch of its life

oh and I need a new tax disc holder:D

im toying with the idea of him mixing in a little of the original paint colour into the clear coat over the gloss black almost as a pearl??????? thoughts!!!!

leonsussex96

Apr 26, 2014
Brighton
Looking really nice. Just a question, your red SEAT badge; did it come with your Toledo, or did you get it off somewhere? Personally it's a really nice touch.

joe-20vt-toledo

Mar 7, 2012
Badge on the front of your Toledo on the first page of this thread.

Looking really nice. Just a question, your red SEAT badge; did it come with your Toledo, or did you get it off somewhere? Personally it's a really nice touch.

sorry mate wasn't sure to answer your question no the entire car was factory standard it came with the chrome ''s'' black slats and the chrome surround. the one that's on now is the standard cupra r one that came with the r bumper that I painted with rattle cans however its now in my mates bodyshop getting some special treatment.

joe-20vt-toledo

Mar 7, 2012
Probably a stupid question, how did you get the effect of the red on the badge?

it started of standard took it to bits wrapped the big s in carbon wrap, masked off the surround, primed painted in emotion red removed masking tape re built it and whacked it back on the car looked like this

it was ok for a bit but something was bugging me about it so swapped the wrap for brushed aluminium and it went to this

and then still wasn't happy with it there was something not sitting right and so I took it all back to standard and painted the plastic bars between the s red but left the outer part black so it looked like this

when I got the cupra r bumper I did it exactly the same because in my opinion it looks loads better with less red its not so in ya face and don't look like Rudolf the all was to do was to wrap the outer chrome surround in carbon to match and boom

funny thing is the whole part is again off at present in my pals body shop being redone but for that you will have to wait and see!!! but lets just say that all the carbon wrap on the car is going! I hope that helps you out