joe-20vt-toledo

Mar 7, 2012
been messing with some lighting under the doors tonight \/

SDC10691.jpg

looks good thought id give it a go after seeing it done on in a thred on here

joe-20vt-toledo

Mar 7, 2012
:drool:

What are these godly things and where can I get some?

Mean really IS the word.....[B)]

light are from ebay £150 notes, made by ultra they use about 20 tiny smd led's per ring really bright i took them apart as i didn't like the chrome bits in them and sprayed them black rebuilt them and stuck 6000K hids in:)

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
Legend! They look awesome mate, how difficult were they to get apart and re-paint?

I've found some nice ones here that look pretty much the same but already black, but the bottom section of each ring is masked :S depends how hard they are to do as to which lights I would choose...

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
Legend! They look awesome mate, how difficult were they to get apart and re-paint?

I've found some nice ones here that look pretty much the same but already black, but the bottom section of each ring is masked :S depends how hard they are to do as to which lights I would choose...

joe-20vt-toledo

Mar 7, 2012

they are dead easy to take apart, the hardest part is having balls big enough to put a brand new set at £150.00 in the oven, lol. electric oven is 100*C for 10 mins take them out and pull apart i put a piece of thick cardboard under them so the metal slats didn't melt through the plastic of the lights casing if they don't come apart put them back in for 5 mins and try again repeat as needed. I removed all of the glue from the lens and back like this as well, and refitted together with clear silicone (free from work:D) hope this helps you decide.

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
Haha I don't think my balls are up to the challenge yet :p May just admire your lights a while longer before givin it a go myself! Loving how your tolly's come together though mate.

damo :-)

Oct 30, 2012
Sheffield
Absolutely love the look of your Toledo mate

Really inspiring me as I have only just got mine

Top work on the lights fella, they are fantastic

Cheers

Damo

Pandybmx

Jan 30, 2013
toledo is looking sweet man :) im picking mine up friday from my grandads in spain so ill have a nice drive back to get used to it ;) i NEED one of those front bumpers! considered those headlights myself but im still not sure on them, yours could possibly sway it though haha

mayfair86

Jan 8, 2012
this looks awesome, ive been trying to find a decent set of front lights for mine for ages but those look mint! I was just going to split mine and paint the internals but I really like the projectors. I think I may have to save the pennys. Love the cupra bumper, how hard was it to fit? what extra clips did you need?
Also I did my door handles in white CF wrap but theyve turned out really crap so I need to re-do them and I think your advice will help no end :)
What spoiler did you go for? Ive been trying to find an original 2 leg boot spoiler but I cant find one anywhere.

Keep up the great work and keep us posted.

joe-20vt-toledo

Mar 7, 2012
this looks awesome, ive been trying to find a decent set of front lights for mine for ages but those look mint! I was just going to split mine and paint the internals but I really like the projectors. I think I may have to save the pennys. Love the cupra bumper, how hard was it to fit? what extra clips did you need?
Also I did my door handles in white CF wrap but theyve turned out really crap so I need to re-do them and I think your advice will help no end :)
What spoiler did you go for? Ive been trying to find an original 2 leg boot spoiler but I cant find one anywhere.

Keep up the great work and keep us posted.

i got the two leg spoiler from a guy on ebay for £30 delived. i keep meaning to get it painted up as its got a stone chip but fund are short at the mo and it feels like no progress with the car for a long time.

as for the front bumper, so easy only two fixings to change and a load of screws and ya done i removed some ducting going to the intercooler as well so air flow comes through. you do need two on the job when fitting it unless you dont care about ya paint oh and cupra r bumper guides aswell nearly forgot!:rolleyes:

mayfair86

Jan 8, 2012
awesome brilliant cheers m8, dont suppose you have the part numbers of the bumper guides or the fixings?