joining in the fun

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
hey fellas

recently purchased a cordy to play with as the mods are coming to a close on the ibiza with an fmic and wheels and then i plan to leave it be.

so yeah picking up a 97 cordoba cupra sport 2.0l 8v tomorrow as its not far and quite cheap I think. its got 80k on it which i suppose isnt bad for a 9 year old car how ever i am quite concerned because the previous owner had some bad modifying taste and so it needs a few tidying jobs done before I'm seen driving it...like a fast an furious wing and some silly graphics on the side. its also got a set of alloys that dont suit so once iv got some alloys for the ibiza i think i may stick the 20vt rims on.

plenty of questions buzzing in my head for the future once iv had a proper look around it but i do have one question for now... is there an obd II port? i.e. will my vagcom work with the cordy?

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
nah its a coupe...im saying its a cupra sport mind i dont really know
its kiwi, on an R plate i believe. the advert was abit misleading as it advertised it as a cupra sport 2.0l 150bhp but when we insured it the insurance company told us it was an 8v?

so your guess is as good as mine as I havent seen the engine to tell :(

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
sounds like the one lol thats going straight away just hoping i can do something with the holes that remain
it has tribal **** all down the side which i'll peel off hopefully with some ease
its gonna spend next few months on the drive tbh being stripped out and the engine looked over

sounds like they are pretty rare

pics will come tomo...might keeps pics of the body to myself until the chav craps gone

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
nah its a fast an furious universal thing

thanks for the offer pete i'll let you know, i must admit i quite like F2Stu?'s evo style spoiler but as said if theres big holes left from the thing thats on there now id be tempted to look for a whole new boot lid maybe? not sure if it could be filled or not...not done any filler before

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
hi fellas brought the cordy home earlier an have spent all afternoon so far removing **** from it. still got alot of work to do and there are more than a few specs of rust to look at but over all impressions are great. even my mam who was against the 2nd car from the start is pleased with the car. and such a great little engine, more than impressed with it even though it just dont feel as satisfying as my ibiza.

pics will come later after its been washed

oh and it is an 8v engine

thanks for the offer of the spoiler pete but it turns out the stock one was in the boot anyway so I wont be needing it but thanks anyway. and just for curiosity have u got anything else? especially kiwi?

Icecavern

Jun 12, 2001
Berkshire, UK
www.icecavern.com
acidstrato said:
hi fellas brought the cordy home earlier an have spent all afternoon so far removing **** from it. still got alot of work to do and there are more than a few specs of rust to look at but over all impressions are great. even my mam who was against the 2nd car from the start is pleased with the car. and such a great little engine, more than impressed with it even though it just dont feel as satisfying as my ibiza.

pics will come later after its been washed

oh and it is an 8v engine

thanks for the offer of the spoiler pete but it turns out the stock one was in the boot anyway so I wont be needing it but thanks anyway. and just for curiosity have u got anything else? especially kiwi?

Sounds good mate, hurry up and get some pics :D

What you after? I've got a completely mint bonnet in kiwi, don't think there's a stone chip on it. Otherwise I've got loads of interior bits etc. Let me know if you need anything and I can have a look :)

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
really chuffed with this purchase...have just spent 40mins with the clar bar and only covered a door and rear qtr!

pics uploading now, knew it would be tough but we saw the potential behind all the chav crap (mind there was alot of stickers?!) pics up now

Last edited:

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
as we got it!
Cordy%208v%20001.jpg

Cordy%208v%20002.jpg

Cordy%208v%20003.jpg

Cordy%208v%20004.jpg

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
could well be interested in a bonnet Pete, funding depends on my brother so its up to him really, but ours looks cracked around the max power neon washer jet things :cartman:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.