jonesy118

Mar 8, 2009
Cheshire
Been on here for a few months and never posted up pics of my car, so here goes.

Bought on 68k last April, but didn't start driving until MOT & Tax ran out on my previous car (July), so it's now sitting on 71k

Some pics when I first bought it, after I'd given it a wash, clay, polish and wax.

P23-05-09_140301.jpg

P23-05-09_1403.jpg

P23-05-09_1746.jpg

First I smoothed the airbox and got myself a green cotton panel filter.

Shortly after, I got the THS 5 piece boost hose kit and Forge 007
IMG00048.jpg

Had a half-arsed go at polishing, just to get an Idea of how it'd look
polish3.jpg

PCV hose decided it would split, so I got my hands on a silicone one (couldn't get a black one to match my THS hoses at the time, so may swap it in the future
IMG00035.jpg

Put in a Kenwood MP3/USB Headunit
IMG00020.jpg

Got a smoked boost gauge as part of my Xmas goodies form the GF, and set about making a mount for it (Only a quick mock up, and still needs shaping, as it's a bit flat in places)
IMG00202.jpg

Tyre's on the standard rims weren't great, but I picked up some TT 6-spokes with practically new Toyo's for £80 :) Gave the wheels a going over with Audi Nimbus Grey (will be looking at 18's in summer, either gunmetal/anthracite BBS CH's or white ones of some desciption)

Here's how it looks today after a quick wash
IMG00040.jpg

Havent got any pics of the interior, but it's the full black leather/electric jobbies.

Future plans will be Rear ARB, Remap, FMIC, S3 Upper and Lower braces and the new wheels.. Although I'll probably be tempted to do more.

What you guys think?

Last edited:

jonesy118

Mar 8, 2009
Cheshire
Got my adjustable quickshift yesterday and got it fitted during half-time of the Chelsea match. Really easy job.

Set it at shortest throw and took it for a spin, just to check I hadn't done something silly and lost any of my gears. Shifting feels much more positive and really loving how close the gears are. Great mod for £45!

jonesy118

Mar 8, 2009
Cheshire
Ordered my Rear ARB today, Whiteline 24mm adjustable, will be here on monday!

Any views on how I should set it up, to suit my car? currently on standard suspension and front ARB, so should I go for softest, medium or stiffest?

greesha

Leon 1.8T on steroids
Jan 6, 2009
Slough
Ah those imperial blue cupras :D.

Good job on the car Jonesy.

I cant find this silicone THS boost kit on their website. Any chance for a link ? :)

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
Ah those imperial blue cupras :D.

Good job on the car Jonesy.

I cant find this silicone THS boost kit on their website. Any chance for a link ? :)

They've stopped doing them mate. They're slowly getting rid of all their silicone hoses, and just doing performance bits like quickshifts, engine mounts etc

crossedmike

ahhh sorry small pic on computer but it looks good what ever colourt they are : )

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
I would set the rear ARB to its middle setting then adjust accordingly.
It will only take 15 mins and while the droplinks are clean and not rusty it is the best time to adjust it

jonesy118

Mar 8, 2009
Cheshire
I would set the rear ARB to its middle setting then adjust accordingly.
It will only take 15 mins and while the droplinks are clean and not rusty it is the best time to adjust it

Yeah i thought that was probably the best way to go, as i wanted it to nicely balanced and compliment the existing chassis/suspension setup. I'll give medium a try then.

Thanks for the comments guys. Glad you lot like it as I certainly do. On the hunt for some original sideskirts now!

jonesy118

Mar 8, 2009
Cheshire
Fitted my Whiteline Rear ARB this morning!

Not had chance to take it for a good test drive yet, but you really notice after fitting it how disconnected the back feels without it. It's also stopped a rear suspension creak which is a bonus!

For anyone thinking of getting one, here's a few pics, just to show you how it fits. Really simple, did it on my own with a few simple tools. Most cumbersome part was trying to get the U-bolt over the swing arm, whilst holding the ARB up and trying to screw the nuts on a couple of threads.. trollex jack really helped here.

Bar and fitting kit
IMG00054.jpg

Assembly which attaches ARB to swing arm
IMG00056.jpg

Bottom shock bolts removed and droplinks fitted
IMG00116.jpg

ARB loosely bolted to droplinks and jacked up
IMG00057.jpg

Bushes greased up and ARB in position
IMG00058.jpg

All fully fitted:
arbfitted.jpg

Last edited:

jonesy118

Mar 8, 2009
Cheshire
THS DBM arrived mid-week and fitted yesterday.

Lookswise it's identical to the standard mount, although performance-wise it's completely different.
dogbone.jpg

10 mins + 4 bolts later, it's all fitted
dbmfitted.jpg

Have only driven about 8-10 miles on it, but on both rapid acceleration, braking and gearchanges, there is no rocking and changes seem more direct. No added vibration on idle as far as I can tell.

Highly recommend it.

jonesy118

Mar 8, 2009
Cheshire
Catback arrived, decided to go for the catback rather than put my money in a DP+ decat, as the original backbox is corroded and was an advisory on it's last MOT.

Will be fitting it this weekend.

bf3.jpg

jonesy118

Mar 8, 2009
Cheshire
Polishing Alloys

Well now I've started saving for a house, my modification funds have dried up.

What better way to keep me from trawling ebay, awesome, DPM etc.. than spending the forseeable future polishing my wheels?

I am aware that this is gonna take a seriously long time, but I'm in no rush.

I started this, sat in the garden with a beer, watching England vs Slovenia and have so far put about 2 hours in.

IMAG0124.jpg

Will update in about 3 months!