JordanMk3 Chill.. Cupra Wheels Now Stand Out ;)

JordanMk3

WackyColouredWheelsFTW
Jan 18, 2010
Little Hulton, Manchester
cars looking good mate :) love the new colour scheme! (always wanted bright blue wheels haha!)

Hahaha cheers mate :)

So, the car is currently off the road. SORN, 'cause its run out of Tax, and the insurance has come to an end... I have to say, I am missing the car... But I have my mind set on a new car..

I have been um'ing, and ah'ing for a while about what I want for my next car.. And I've said it for a while, but kept going off them.. But that word has come back again.. Audi..

I want an AudiA3 2.0TDI.. Probably around a 54/05 plate.. But I have some nice plans for one. Especially now you can pick them up for around £3.5K..
The savings are starting now..

Last edited:

JordanMk3

WackyColouredWheelsFTW
Jan 18, 2010
I do, but I cant afford one... Miss my car already! Debating getting insured on her again :p
Car has got some interest from some that has a 1.4 saxo with a VTS conversion.. It does look BAD though! Hmmmm....

Last edited:

JordanMk3

WackyColouredWheelsFTW
Jan 18, 2010
I drove my mates PuntoGT before.. I need boost in my life as soon as!!

I cant make my FÚCKING mind up with this car!! I love it again! Saving up for an A3 would be alright, but would I get bored of a diesel? Yeah, probs!!

Been looking at 1.8 20vT engines again.. How much do you reckon it would cost for an engine conversion?

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2010
Lincolnshire
I keep falling in and out of love with my own car too dude.

And I spoke to a guy called Andy who had a 1.4 75PS like mine but had it converted to a 20vt by Midlands VW I think he said it was for under 5k all in, including a full all-round brake conversion.

Sounds like a lot but it's probably the same / cheaper than buying a different car if you're gonna fork out a bit for it.

The only downside is the insurance angle I guess.

Oj 89

Senior junior member
Aug 19, 2008
NW Kent
jordan, you wouldnt tire of a 1.9tdi lump in a mk3.... could do a straight swap with someone selling one, or just bust a few notes over. all parts interchangeable, same ride and that. and a variable vein tdi ;) all good :)

JordanMk3

WackyColouredWheelsFTW
Jan 18, 2010
I keep falling in and out of love with my own car too dude.

And I spoke to a guy called Andy who had a 1.4 75PS like mine but had it converted to a 20vt by Midlands VW I think he said it was for under 5k all in, including a full all-round brake conversion.

Sounds like a lot but it's probably the same / cheaper than buying a different car if you're gonna fork out a bit for it.

The only downside is the insurance angle I guess.

FUCCCKK 5K? **** that!! I'd just buy a wrote off cupra, and then put the bits on mine.. Engine cant be that hard to be honest..

jordan, you wouldnt tire of a 1.9tdi lump in a mk3.... could do a straight swap with someone selling one, or just bust a few notes over. all parts interchangeable, same ride and that. and a variable vein tdi ;) all good :)

If I had a derv in my car, I would probably shoot my face... with a gun.... a powerful one:p
If I had any engine in mine, I'd have either a 20vt, or a vr6...

Your Ibi looks great on that wheels :D

Cheers mate! Much apreciated :)

JordanMk3

WackyColouredWheelsFTW
Jan 18, 2010
Been giving the car a bit of attention recently..

I bought a Flip Key Fob off a mate who has a Mk5 golf.. Do I just need a blank blade cut to my ibiza key? And then just programme it in with that 'click the button 3 times and the car should lock unlock' thingymajig?

Ive bought some 10mm spacers for the front.. Just got shims, CBA spending £40 on hubcentric ones..

I took all the seats out and cleaned the carpets and the seats up.. Looks MINT in there now!

I've done this as well..

The calipers were rusty, and horrid.. This was after they were rubbed down and cleaned..
IMG_2838.jpg

Then after :p
IMG_2837.jpg

They do actually look alright against the blue

Then the drums:(
IMG_2853.jpg

IMG_2854.jpg

After:)
IMG_2856.jpg

IMG_2855.jpg

More will come ;)

Last edited:

ndbrgr

THFC
Jul 21, 2008
Kent
You'd need the immobiliser chip paired which is a stealer job. Is the flip key the right type? Pretty sure it has to be quite a specific key due to the frequency or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.