JordanMk3 Chill.. Cupra Wheels Now Stand Out ;)

JordanMk3

WackyColouredWheelsFTW
Jan 18, 2010
Little Hulton, Manchester
Barsteward... Hmm.. I only give him a few quid.. Might just sling it.. Bought a spare blade off ebay though.. Might put the blank blade on, and sell it on...

I do remember reading something about the 'alambra or however its spelt' flip key fob working on our ibizas.. Might trowl ebay now :)

Veyron

Dec 3, 2009
Birmingham
You'd need the immobiliser chip paired which is a stealer job. Is the flip key the right type? Pretty sure it has to be quite a specific key due to the frequency or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took the transponder out of my standard none remote key and then you don't need to pay to get it reprogrammed. Just buy a blank HAA blade on ebay and get that cut :)

JordanMk3

WackyColouredWheelsFTW
Jan 18, 2010
Ignore that.. Just had a look.. She's a little glass tube, isnt she :p

Just found out my key is a Hella 434mhz key.. Apparently, I need a Siemens 433.92mhz key?
Idk.... I could probably just sell this one on the bay.. Or give it to my mate with his mk4 golf :)

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
I ended up buying the remote bit new from Dave, was about £45 I think.
SEAT don't sell the bit with the key for security reasons, but theres tonnes of them on eBay.

The Alhambra key part no is 7M3 959 753
If you search eBay for this, and tick the box that says include item descriptions then you might have some luck, cos I'm bored in work, I just did and found this... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vw-key-re...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item257429e1ab

JordanMk3

WackyColouredWheelsFTW
Jan 18, 2010
You, Mr Graham! Are a fúcking saint!!
Im going to offer him £30 now..
Will the key bit and the top part of the casing, fit the 2 button, off a 3 button remote?

And how the frig do I get the transponder out of the flip key? The little VW Badge wont budge!!

AddersHTID

May 18, 2012
Bristol
Been giving the car a bit of attention recently..

I bought a Flip Key Fob off a mate who has a Mk5 golf.. Do I just need a blank blade cut to my ibiza key? And then just programme it in with that 'click the button 3 times and the car should lock unlock' thingymajig?

Ive bought some 10mm spacers for the front.. Just got shims, CBA spending £40 on hubcentric ones..

I took all the seats out and cleaned the carpets and the seats up.. Looks MINT in there now!

I've done this as well..

The calipers were rusty, and horrid.. This was after they were rubbed down and cleaned..
IMG_2838.jpg

Then after :p
IMG_2837.jpg

They do actually look alright against the blue

Then the drums:(
IMG_2853.jpg

IMG_2854.jpg

After:)
IMG_2856.jpg

IMG_2855.jpg

More will come ;)

Brakes look awesome mate! what did you paint them with?? iv been thinking about doing mine :)

JordanMk3

WackyColouredWheelsFTW
Jan 18, 2010
Come see me :)
I wouldnt mind having a nose at your car tbh:) I wont be in mine though, will be in a mates car:(

99p! cant go wrong there! wish i could get a mk4 cupra rear for 99p haha !
Hahaha! I know :) Decent right;)

Brakes look awesome mate! what did you paint them with?? iv been thinking about doing mine :)

Cheers mate:) The fronts I just just red engine paint. Should withstand the temperatures easily:) And the backs I used standard normal primer.. My mate used normal spray paint on his calipers, and they were fine.. So should be reet on the drums:) If not, I'll just buy some VHT paint..

Bought a drivers side mirror off the German Ebay.. So I have a long passenger side one on my car:) Both sides will be colour coded, along with the bottom of the front bumper, and the bottom of the back bumper until I get a cupra back box and can fit the cupra rear bumper;)

And bought 8 40mm wheel bolts:) Should be able to get my spaces on the front now :)

AddersHTID

May 18, 2012
Bristol
yeah i have just done mine ha ha didn't wait for the reply :p got some hammorite from B&Q this morning im uploading pictures now :)

i always wanted a mk3 ibiza as my first car, ended up with an X reg clio 1.4 16v! with 98bhp it wasn't slow at 17, but always liked the idea of having an ibiza for modifying. Nearly bought a black 1.4 like this!

i think i'm the same age as you (born in 92)

last march i bought a mk4 ibiza fr 1.8t 20v turbo. had it mapped to 204bhp. Amazing car, but i get bored quickly and decided to trade it in just before xmas there for a bocanegra! can't beat the £600 a year to insure!

JordanMk3

WackyColouredWheelsFTW
Jan 18, 2010
WHADAFUARQQ!! £600 to insure a Boc.. How much was the insurance on the Mk4? Yeah, Im 20 mate, 21 this year :)
Tbf, the ibiza isnt a bad car.. Ive lost skin off my knuckles, holes in the head from the very sharp 90 degree angle on the corner of the door.. Lost girlfriends for always working on the car, but its fúcking well worth it.. Sure, its posssibly the slowest car in the world, but get me on the twisties, and I'll embarrass a lot of people with a lot more powerful cars than mine..
Love that little car.....

haha i couldn't believe it myself! that's what swayed me into getting one. paid about £1400 i think last march, plus i was putting £60 a week in it for fuel haha.

yeah part of me still wishes I had my clio for the same reason, a lot of fun to be had in small engined cars

Smiffmeister

Cars looking good mate, i would love a set of Cupra wheels for mine, but cant find any anywhere!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.