Just back from dealers for Warranty work

RickyD1975

Audi A6 2.0TDI 170 S-Line
Jan 2, 2008
North East
Good Afternoon All,

I've just come back from the dealers from having some warranty work done on my 33 month old Cupra.

I thought it would be useful to list these just incase other MK2 Leon owners are having similar problems/concerns.

1) O/S Front wet window problem rectified with modification of new seal
2) Creaking door mirrors resolved by re-greasing
3) O/S Front door mirror not heating up, new glass fitted

Other points which have been reported to Seat for investigation:-

1) Condensation/Misted up O/S Headlight
2) Flies in rear light clusters

Photo's have been taken and sent to Seat. I should hear something within 14 days.

Things that were rejected under warranty were as follows:-

1) Mildew on the underside soundproofing under bonnet. Apparently a common fault caused by the washers
2) Wheel Worm/Corrosion of alloy wheel. Wheel have been slightly kerbed therefore Seat would reject instantly

Cheers

RickyD

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
1) Mildew on the underside soundproofing under bonnet. Apparently a common fault caused by the washers
Cheers

RickyD

Mine was changed under warranty , no questions asked.
the fix is the plugs which are used with the securing screws of the plastic cowling , stops the water getting into and under the bonet.

complain mate , hastle them and tell them to ask of other people having it done.
the garage can not say if a warranty claim can go ahead or not , tell them to inform seat for an answer.

RickyD1975

Audi A6 2.0TDI 170 S-Line
Jan 2, 2008
North East
the fix is the plugs which are used with the securing screws of the plastic cowling , stops the water getting into and under the bonet.

complain mate , hastle them and tell them to ask of other people having it done.
the garage can not say if a warranty claim can go ahead or not , tell them to inform seat for an answer.

I will do mate, when they come back to me with the light concerns.

Many Thanks

RickyD

eddiel34

Jan 14, 2008
I've got flies in my rear light.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers for the heads up.

Donnyboy

The Candy Man
Mar 15, 2005
renfrewshire

Do you have a pic of the screws and cowling, as I just got my soundproofing done yesterday under warranty and there was no mention of screws. Think they just replaced the soggy mouldy soundproofing.

mitchathome

My FR Tdi March 07 is going in for the nearside door mirror to be replaced tomorrow(keeps sticking folded in). I had the offside one replaced two weeks ago (creaked worse than my back) and they are only now replacing the nearside one after I have provided video evidence of it sticking which they claim they could not re-create in the workshop.

At the same time I complained of the wet windows problem and provided them with the technical fix TPI2017192/1 which was provided in another post but the dealer informs me that the number does not bring anything up on their system. Suffice to say nothing further is being done about this.

I also complained about the flies in the rear light clusters and was told they would not replace these under warranty. It was explained that there needs to be some kind of ventilation through the light cluster to prevent heat build up within when the lights are on and therefore small insects are likely to get in !! :shrug:

Donnyboy

The Candy Man
Mar 15, 2005
renfrewshire
Do they need to take the door apart to fix the mirror as 1 of mine sometimes doesn't fold fully. I haven't asked stealer as I don't want a working mirror, but a rattly door, as I never really fold them.

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
I have the two light problems, rear clusters have flies and mist in them and front headlights mist aswell.

Also have a rather annoying rattle around the steering wheel and dials, wonder if the stage 2+ will have caused all of these issues :w4nk:.

Marino

Oct 24, 2009
Birmingham
By wet windows I take it you mean when lowered then raised again you get a smear of water? If so I should get mine looked at because it really annoys me[:@]

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.