Just bought a Leon FR 184 Technology

ady_falco

Apr 25, 2018
Swansea, West Glamorgan
Hey people's, just put a deposit down on a used MK3 Leon FR 184 Technology with just over 18k. Will be based in Barry, South Wales.

Currently driving a very asthmatic 2015 2.0L Mazda 3, which after a close to 500hp Mitsubishi Evo 10 really felt down on power.

Any suggestions on which threads to read before picking it up on Wednesday.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Hey people's, just put a deposit down on a used MK3 Leon FR 184 Technology with just over 18k. Will be based in Barry, South Wales.

Currently driving a very asthmatic 2015 2.0L Mazda 3, which after a close to 500hp Mitsubishi Evo 10 really felt down on power.

Any suggestions on which threads to read before picking it up on Wednesday.

Evening and welcome!

Might be worth posting here

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?forums/vag-com-help-requests.197/

Someone nearby with a system reader maybe be able to plug in and let you know any issues without having to start the car. I'd make sure you check the usual stuff that stops you from having to go back and get stuff fixed.

Also have a look in the FAQ section at the top of the MK3 section that may have some standard stuff that may be worth looking at.

Hope all goes well. Like to see another OnePlus user :clap:

Cheers

Reactions: ady_falco

ady_falco

Apr 25, 2018
Swansea, West Glamorgan
Someone nearby with a system reader maybe be able to plug in and let you know any issues without having to start the car. I'd make sure you check the usual stuff that stops you from having to go back and get stuff fixed.

Hope all goes well. Like to see another OnePlus user :clap:

Cheers

Thanks Jimbob,

I have torque plus OBD2 dongle would this work on the VAG vehicle? If not I can always go and have it looked at by a local tuners who I've known for years after they tuned and modded my Evolution 10 when I lived in Cyprus.

Good to see another OnePlus user although how much longer all depends on the OnePlus 6.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Thanks Jimbob,

I have torque plus OBD2 dongle would this work on the VAG vehicle?

Good to see another OnePlus user although how much longer all depends on the OnePlus 6.

Yeah torque should work fine on any VAG car, it will give you any current errors etc which is what you're after. I've just got OBDeleven Pro with their Bluetooth connection and it's pretty good as you can code and do adaptions like VCDS for a fraction of the cost.

Yeah I'm a 3T user currently and it's still running strong! Whatever it is like it will be powerful lol probably more powerful than my i7 laptop haha

Reactions: ady_falco

ady_falco

Apr 25, 2018
Swansea, West Glamorgan
Yeah torque should work fine on any VAG car, it will give you any current errors etc which is what you're after. I've just got OBDeleven Pro with their Bluetooth connection and it's pretty good as you can code and do adaptions like VCDS for a fraction of the cost.

Yeah I'm a 3T user currently and it's still running strong! Whatever it is like it will be powerful lol probably more powerful than my i7 laptop haha
I'll have a YouTube session looking at OBDeleven then. Always been a tech nerd so love things like that.

I've had my 3T since it came out, just not liking the way OnePlus is releasing a handset every 6 months. Have been looking at the new Huawei P20 Pro that looks like a nice piece of kit.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I'll have a YouTube session looking at OBDeleven then. Always been a tech nerd so love things like that.

I've had my 3T since it came out, just not liking the way OnePlus is releasing a handset every 6 months. Have been looking at the new Huawei P20 Pro that looks like a nice piece of kit.

If you really want to go techy you could look at a Ross tech VCDS cable if you have a laptop lying around... It's alot more in depth lol

The releasing doesn't bother me as much as it should as I buy a phone outright and keep it till its no longer supported. I know the 3T isn't going above android 8 but its got some life left yet.

Also one of the best places to learn about your MK3 would be at our national meet in Donington this July. There is a section on under meets I think. I'll be heading down there for the day... Bit of a trek for you though being in South Wales. . I used to go to Llantrisant alot with work till o loved closer to home, lovely place and people.

Cheers

ady_falco

Apr 25, 2018
Swansea, West Glamorgan
If you really want to go techy you could look at a Ross tech VCDS cable if you have a laptop lying around... It's alot more in depth lol

The releasing doesn't bother me as much as it should as I buy a phone outright and keep it till its no longer supported. I know the 3T isn't going above android 8 but its got some life left yet.

Also one of the best places to learn about your MK3 would be at our national meet in Donington this July. There is a section on under meets I think. I'll be heading down there for the day... Bit of a trek for you though being in South Wales. . I used to go to Llantrisant alot with work till o loved closer to home, lovely place and people.

Cheers
It's about an hour and a half, be travelling an hour each day for work in Swansea so not really worried by that. Once I've got the car then I will start looking at meets

Reactions: Jimbobcook
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.