Just had my coilovers fitted...........

paulsnewcuprar

Apr 8, 2006
And i have to say,i am much more pleased with them on the Arosa than i was with them when i had a MK4 Golf GTTDI.

So far,i have only driven the car home from the garage,but the handling seems even better.......................and i was really pleased with it before!!!

I have also ordered my new wheels after 2 weeks of deciding and they should be on by this time next week.....................then the coilovers can be wound right down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:D :D :D :D :D :D

paulsnewcuprar

Apr 8, 2006
I would love to mate,but i don't know how to do it:redface: .....................................if anyone can help let me know!!

If anyone's interested,the wheels i bought are RH Cupraiders 7x15 et37 Fronts and 8x15 et25 Rears,so it should look PHAT!!!!!

paulsnewcuprar

Apr 8, 2006
As soon as the wheels are on it,i will TRY and post some pics.......................any help with that would be appreciated!!!

paulsnewcuprar

Apr 8, 2006
Went for the FK's Bill,like i say,i was never that impressed with them on the Golf i had,but i am with them on the Arosa......................the only problem i have,is that the camber on the front wheels has gone way out and the wheels are really toeing in at the top,so i may have to raise it up a bit:think:

paulsnewcuprar

Apr 8, 2006
Thank god!!!

That's the reply i am looking for...................you can adjust the camber can you???

p.s Bill,STILL got the LCR ,probably thanks to your expertise with a laptop!!!

paulsnewcuprar

Apr 8, 2006
I have just measured,and i have to say i didn't think they were wound down that much with the current wheels and tyres on,but i think it must be down roughly 90-100mm on the front and about 80-90mm on the back,no wonder it's like a f*~>!ing rollerskate!!!!:-o :D

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
hang on, you paid a garage to fit them, but they've not adjusted teh camber, or toe?

sounds like a proper good job there.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
camber - using the 2 x 11mm holes with 10mm bolts at the bottom of the strut.
toe - using the tie rods

clearly with coilovers you need to settle on your ride height before adjusting

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
as m0rk says..
clearance holes in the bearing carrier allows for roughly 2 degree's adjustment either way (sometimes more)

a crude but effective way is on level ground with a digital spirit level on the hub/wheel face.

1 to 1.5 -ve camber is about nice for a road car.
reset tracking afterwards

paulsnewcuprar

Apr 8, 2006
Cheers guy's,

When it goes in for the new wheels and tyres,i will (hopefully)get them to do it for me.

I drove it some distance today on some really good roads,and i have to say,the handling is bloody good(for a road car),the only problem is,that it would be bloody embarrassing putting an Arosa in a hedge(or worse)when i managed to own the Atom and keep it on the road:D

lunalupi

...is not a bloke!
Jul 29, 2006
Wiltshire
I've also just had coilovers fitted to my little Rosa :D They are fantastic I agree.

Word of warning, if you are down more than 80mm I've been told to watch out for a driveshaft (? i'm not too hot on the names for everything) rubbing on the chassis. Don't want that sheering off at 60 round the bends!

paulsnewcuprar

Apr 8, 2006
Well,i am currently about 100mm lower,and they do make a slight noise when turning the steering wheel from lock to lock,but when my new wheels turn up,it is going in for the final adjustments to height,camber,toe etc,so it will be perfect then.........................hopefully!!

lunalupi

...is not a bloke!
Jul 29, 2006
Wiltshire
I was told its easy enough to check - with the wheel off shine a torch under the arch and just have a look, if its rubbing you'll see a shiny bit....if you have little hands you can reach in too and feel if its worn.

Any pictures of yours around here anywhere?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members