Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.

Just Ordered The New Ibiza Cupra

Discussion in 'Ibiza Mk5 (2008-2017)' started by dan83, Mar 26, 2013.

1. dan83

dan83 Guest

I'm coming back to Seat after 3 years with a different car, ordered the new ibiza cupra which I'm picking up on Thursday :D

I should have checked on here first tho, looks like there's a lot of engine problems. Does anyone know if they are fixed in the new model?

2. turboboy

turboboy Limp Mode Squad ™

Word is the new engines are better but I wouldn't hold my breath.

As I've said before its a shame because they are nice cars. How much is a new one by the way

3. Rob-Cupra

Rob-Cupra Active Member

I don't think you need to be worried surely they will have ironed out the problems with the old tsi engine by now .

4. dan83

dan83 Guest

thanks rob, hope so.

@turboboy, I got it for £17,400 which I think was a good price. £1,600 off the usual price apparently.

5. wegi

wegi Dakota Red Boc

Dan, all car forums are full of engine problems because if you think about it people don't usually come onto forums and just say "oh my god my engine is amazing", so it looks like there's a LOT of problems but in the grand scheme of things it's not a big deal.

6. lukeyyyyy

lukeyyyyy Active Member

Awesome mate, is it a demo one?

I ordered one middle of feb but as its a factory order it's due in the showroom on the 10th, I paid 17750 including first years road tax and reg fee it's white with winter pack

Got 9900 for my ten plate cupra With 31k on the clock

7. adamb87

adamb87 cupra gone :(

i like them i think. wasnt impressed at first. my only gripe is the seats. they are awful compared to the pre fl. and as for the engines i wouldt be be bothered. they have a good idea whats goin on now and plus you have 3 years of lovely warranty for piece of mind :)

#7 adamb87, Mar 27, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
  8. great_kahn

great_kahn Spooge

Engine problems remain, dsg gearbox not for real drivers. Brand new fiesta st and 208 gti would have been a better place to spend that kind of cash.

9. Strange. If engine problems persist, why VAG insist on rolling it out across their range :S. Listen, enjoy your new car. As for not being a real driver's car ... I disagree. DSG is great. Funny, F1 used to be manual, but unless it has gone unnoticed, I believe they are paddle shift. Interestingly, super cars also appear to be paddle shift. Now, obviously the cupra is now way comparable to these genre of cars, but try telling Lewis Hamilton, Vettle etc that they aren't real drivers. (I use this as an extreme example to make my point). Interestingly, and controversially, the king of hot hatches, RS Clio, also now comes with only paddle shift. All these manufacturers must have missed something?!?!? That said, I firmly believe people should have choice whether they want DSG or manual. Enjoy your new car and I am believe it will be fine.

#9 Deleted member 49882, Mar 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2013
  10. matt_s

matt_s 4 8 15 16 23 42

F1 uses paddleshift to save time, if you save 1/10th of a second on every gear change that's a massive advantage gained. Supercars have paddleshift for the american market where they insist on autos, plus it's 'like an F1 car'. Normal cars have autos for emissions reduction and because 'it's like an F1 car'.

If you can't go fast go well. Where's the satifaction of knowing you nailed a gear change?

11. Each to their own. I sometimes miss manual, but if I didn't like dsg, I wouldn't have bought the same car a second time round ... And that is coming from someone who always drove manual hot hatches. Different generation coming through now, got to move with the times. But, as I said, I believe people should have their choice of preference.

12. lukeyyyyy

lukeyyyyy Active Member

Have you seen the new fiesta St? It's awful apart from the interior,

I think I'd miss the combination of the supercharger and turbocharger, and the dirt cheap insurance,

13. lawrieIbizaMk4

lawrieIbizaMk4 Team Boc!

Were you touched by a dsg box as a child dude? They're awesome!

#13 lawrieIbizaMk4, Mar 27, 2013
  14. dan83

dan83 Guest

cheers ye good points on the forum exaggerating the engine problems. I wouldn't have gone for a paddle shift normally and to be honest it did put me off, until I actually drove it then it didn't matter one bit :)
    @lukeyyy ye it was a demo, hadn't been out of the showroom till I tested it tho. That's a long wait man I bet you're itching to get hold of it!

15. dan83

dan83 Guest

I'm picking it up today instead :)

I've never owned a brand new car before, I assume I should take it easy for the first few hundred miles?

16. lukeyyyyy

lukeyyyyy Active Member

Wow talk about rubbing it in my face, haha nice one mate be sure to post some photos as soon as you can!

17. matthab

matthab Active Member

208GTI!!!:ban:

I wouldnt put my money anywhere near Peugeot.

Do what the maunual says, just drive it softly. These engines need to be treated well. I cant remember if its a 1000 miles?

#17 matthab, Mar 27, 2013
  18. wegi

wegi Dakota Red Boc

:clap:

19. Copey

I prefer manul but the DSG is pretty decent, pus its gives a nice relaxed drive when you want it to and a manic F1 like drive when you want. Its one of the better twin clutch boxes.

20. lawrieIbizaMk4

lawrieIbizaMk4 Team Boc!

Saying its not for real driver though...I mean c'mon! That's like saying jags, Ferraris, lambos so on so forth (with semi auto boxes) aren't and any car with a manual gear box is?!

#20 lawrieIbizaMk4, Mar 27, 2013