1. Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store. and are now half price.

Just Ordered The New Ibiza Cupra

Discussion in 'Ibiza Mk5 (2008-2017)' started by dan83, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Matthew FR

Get some pictures up asap :)

2. turboboy

turboboy Limp Mode Squad ™

Yeah, pics or it never happened

3. CupraWill13

CupraWill13 Guest

I dont want to hi-jack but I picked my new Cupra on Sunday in Nevada White, chopped in my 3 series M-Sport for it, just missed the charecter of Seat ! I was on here a few years back when I had my MK3 Ibiza..

I'm really impressed so far, puts a big grin on my face and the DSG is a great little box i'm sure you will massively enjoy it mate.

I'll get pics up over the weekend, needs a good clean first! I'm guessing best first mod is the ITG CAI?

4. turboboy

Again, pics or it never happened

5. CupraWill13

CupraWill13 Guest

Better get to 15 posts first :D

6. Nutkin

Nutkin Pop-a-Keg ya?

Absolute bollocks !!! And I design supercars for a living

7. lawrieIbizaMk4

lawrieIbizaMk4 Team Boc!

That's some superb reasoning there...top car designers putting semi auto boxes in because "its like f1 cars"...oh dear!

8. matthab

matthab Active Member

For me the appeal of a dsg is, it's quicker, more efficient and latest technology always appeals to buyers.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

9. ayacoub92

i personally don't think i would like my boc if it was manual. the dsg box goes perfectly with the engine.

as for problems, other than having to fill my car with oil when i first got it, it's been perfect...touch wood

10. dan83

dan83 Guest

Finally got round to taking some pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'd like to get rid of that exhaust and I think it's a bit too high. Not sure how the mods would work with the warranty tho so I will probably never bother to do it.

11. ayacoub92

I'd like to get rid of that exhaust and I think it's a bit too high. Not sure how the mods would work with the warranty tho so I will probably never bother to do it.[/QUOTE]

famous last words :D

12. dan83

dan83 Guest

Hehe, gona be pretty skint for a while anyway.

ayacoub92 likes this.
  13. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave lnk cr b82rez 2g4!

That front end makes me so sad. Looks like a pre-fl bodykit.

Auto will bore you to tears in a 1.4 after a month or two. DSG is the worst thing to happen in the Cupra. Small engine needs manual.

Fingers crossed on no engine problems for you though.

14. dan83

dan83 Guest

Ye I don't think my photo's do it any justice but I know what u mean. I'm actually enjoying the DSG gearbox, gear changes are quite fun with the paddles.

15. turboboy

I prefer the other Cupra wheels, they look like the wrong ones for he car.

This shape does look a lot better in the flesh though, I've seen a few FR's and thought they look very nice.

Does need more aggregation on the front end though

16. TDI ste

TDI ste Active Member

Nice ride Dude, I think your front end photo is a funny angle and thats why it looks abit wierd.... I have the Facelift FR and imo Facelifts are much better looking than the pre-facelifts.

On the debate about DSG and Manual boxes though Im manual all the way as I feel more involved in a manual, DSG arent too bad though.

17. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave lnk cr b82rez 2g4!

If you can drive it a lot using them that's cool - but in mine I had to rev it to have any fun, and when I rev'd it I was always scared because of misfires lol. Also being a 1.4 the top end felt really weak - it always felt as though it was going from a gear that was running out of poke to a gear that was running out of poke.

They're nice cars - I loved mine, but it bored me and scared in under a year lol - fingers crossed yours is better tho!

Didn't want auto in the BM but took it - had a lot of fun driving that with paddles lately.