Just picked up my Toledo

alexfr10

Jan 8, 2010
Llandudno, North Wales
Hey there, I have just collected my Black magic, SE Nav 1.2 tsi. Really happy with it. I had the lifeshine treatment put on it, it looks amazing. I used to have an Ibiza FR, swapped it out for a Toyota Yaris which I truly hated. The Toledo is a great looking car.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Cool, mines white and it's a year old but I really rate the looks too.
What spec have you got? I just went for White with 17's. I wanted more stuff but
I couldnt afford the Winter pack or Hill hold & TPM, and since then they've added auto lights & wipers as well as LED lights option - so theres a lot of toys possible on it now. The thing I really wish I had is the I-tech interior which is way smarter but on the whole I love the car (and it was a bargain)

Shame I'm away from it for 5 months and driving a cruddy american Ford Fusion sedan instead.

Toledo%20RHS_zpsmwzahiju.jpg

Last edited:

alexfr10

Jan 8, 2010
Llandudno, North Wales
I bought the showroom model, so its as it comes, no convenience pack or winter pack. But the base spec of the SE Nav is great. I test drove the iTech, loved the interior. Yours looks great in white mate. I'm thinking of getting my wheels painted black or anthracite. Would look great lowered too, but doubt I will do that.

irl_techie

Mar 8, 2015
Welcome along, they are a great car.

I too have a white Toledo, but mine runs on Diesel :p

chrisoverson

Mar 27, 2015
Welcome :)

Just under a week in and loving my new Toledo I-Tech. I agree that it's a great looking car, I've always liked the Saloon style but need the practicality of a hatchback, so it's perfect!

I love the I-Tech interior, the only one I test drove was an I-Tech and immediately decided I wanted that one. The alloys work a treat too!

It won't allow me to share a picture... here's the url

clippyshare.com/?id=130721256151238677

Took this picture on Sunday :D

Last edited:

irl_techie

Mar 8, 2015
Welcome :)

Just under a week in and loving my new Toledo I-Tech. I agree that it's a great looking car, I've always liked the Saloon style but need the practicality of a hatchback, so it's perfect!

I love the I-Tech interior, the only one I test drove was an I-Tech and immediately decided I wanted that one. The alloys work a treat too!

It won't allow me to share a picture... here's the url

clippyshare.com/?id=130721256151238677

Took this picture on Sunday :D

Lovely colour, petrol or diesel?

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Hey Chris, nice looking car - that s the first one I've seen that really suits the dark I-Tech alloys. On white they just look too small.

I shared my pics from photobucket but it took several attempts and finding a user guide on Briskoda before I managed it.

Alex, I do plan to put the lower springs on it in the summer when I'm back in the UK. They're only a few hundred fitted and make a big difference to the looks - shrinking the arch gaps will look great, I've seen a few Toledo/Rapid with the Eibachs on. Spacers to push the wheels out a bit and fill the arches too.

But I've already done the most cost-effective mod... As soon as the extra badges went on, people are coming up to me asking how fast it is etc, etc.:D

toledo%20rear_zpsx29aveqp.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Wow, I've just seen a silver pre-reg (64) I-Tech for £11995.

If was back in the UK I'd probably be round there now to swap the SE for it.

I'd keep my wheels though.

Last edited:

chrisoverson

Mar 27, 2015
Thanks, yeah I'm very happy with the looks :) it's by far the best looking car I've owned.

Actually find myself looking around the car parks now thinking hmm, would I swap for any of these? Nope!

It's the 1.2tsi petrol, 6 speed manual. Only got about 300 miles on it now and it just seems to be getting sweeter and sweeter as the miles clock up :D. Filled her up with Momentum 99 fuel tonight and she seems to love it, I'll find out better tomorrow.

If you can get hold of an I-Tech I'm sure you'll be very happy with it, the interior is lovely and not just the half-leather/alcantara but also the seats are very supportive. The great range of toys is nice too.

Only thing that's a shame is they wouldn't let me have LED headlights on the I-Tech... but only on the SE for some reason. A shame... but I'm planning on bunging in some super-bright bulbs :p

Last edited:

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Is not the I-Tech a fixed spec special edition? SE has options (to be paid for!)

Aren't LED lights £1000 ish?

Cant see much demand TBH, especially since they normally give 'em away free (in the Technology pack) on the Leon.

Saying that, I could no way afford a new Leon, so the SE was the best brand new car available for my little amount of cash.

Last edited:

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Obviously that's a good-looking car.

This site needs a "Like" button :)

SO much more interesting visually than the Skoda Rapid IMO.

alexfr10

Jan 8, 2010
Llandudno, North Wales
Nice to see some active owners here. Always good to bounce ideas off one another. I'm hoping to get mine fully black, or as close as. Darker wheels for sure, and the front and rear S badges in black. Anyone know if I can make my DRL's brighter. Love all the pics btw, I like it in every colour, for some reason I can't upload from my phone, will have to go on my laptop later.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Pics have to be remotely hosted e.g. photobucket or similar. I cannot directly upload to SCN either.

Blacking out the grill surround as well?

DRL's - I havent done it yet but I agree the standard ones look too dim & yellow. Need some CREE canbus LED replacement bulbs.

Last edited:

chrisoverson

Mar 27, 2015
I was very close to going for a Skoda Rapid Spaceback Sport with a couple of extras on such as panoramic roof, but I'm very glad I went for the Toledo as it's a brililant car.

It's surprising how much the little details matter isn't it... even the skoda rapid gearknob just looked dull, all black plastic with no highlighted numbers. You want the bits under your fingers to feel nice, get it right!

The thing that really sold the I-Tech for me was the seats and little interior designs like the gearknob that made it a much nicer place to be. It's a beautiful car on the outside as well, but those little tweaks inside made the Seat the winner over the Skoda, and hence they lost my business.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
I was very close to going for a Skoda Rapid Spaceback Sport with a couple of extras on such as panoramic roof, but I'm very glad I went for the Toledo as it's a brililant car.

It's surprising how much the little details matter isn't it... even the skoda rapid gearknob just looked dull, all black plastic with no highlighted numbers. You want the bits under your fingers to feel nice, get it right!

The thing that really sold the I-Tech for me was the seats and little interior designs like the gearknob that made it a much nicer place to be. It's a beautiful car on the outside as well, but those little tweaks inside made the Seat the winner over the Skoda, and hence they lost my business.

The Skoda Rapid is a dull looking car, but the Spaceback looks really wrong. The wheelbase looks way too stretched out - unless its on 18/19's the wheels look tiny.
Interior wise I like the Skoda Dynamic trim in black/red or the Elegance trim in Beige. The Toledo interiors were nothing like as good - till your I-Tech version came out.

I almost went for Skoda's Connect SE limited edition, but for the same money at SEAT I got the 6spd 105 (instead of 5spd 86), and park, climatronic, 17's, MFSW none of which were on the Skoda.

And the Toledo looks good.

Last edited: