Just put a deposit on a 143 Sport

jinxy

Apr 5, 2010
Hi Folks

I've just put a deposit on a 09 plate 143 TDI Sport Exeo :) very pleased with the decision and going down tomorrow to confirm the bluetooth does what I need and that the kids seats fit properly in the back.

We bought a Civic Type R a couple of months ago but that was a big mistake so taken a hit on that to get rid of it sooner rather than later and the Exeo just seems to tick all the boxes I need it to.

Steve

andyj

There's no F in Quality..
Hi Steve,

Yet another one joins this exclusive 'club', although it's getting a bit less exclusive the more people that buy them :lol:

Have you gone for the saloon or the estate? What colour?

I find the bluetooth works well for me, but all depends what you're expectation are of it. This is the first time I've had a car with it, so I didn't have any preconceptins about it, and just use it for what it's capable of doing. Connects to my HTC Magic no problem, and displays the phonebook by name/number (i.e. if you have got 1 contact but 3 different numbers, it lists all 3 with different suffixs)

Be good to hear what you think of it once you've taken ownership ;)

jinxy

Apr 5, 2010
Its black and a saloon, just over 7K on the clock and almost 1 year old. My other car is a 335D with I-Drive which has very good integration, but mainly I'm after being able to pair 2 phones and switch between them along with phone book dialling from each of them (separately) and being able to mute the mic. Will see what happens tomorrow.

Out of interest does it have voice control? or is the button just there for cars with the Nav system?

andyj

There's no F in Quality..
I've not tried pairing 2 phones, but I vaguely remember reading something somewhere about it not being able to, but I couldn't be sure if that's true or not.

From what I know, the contacts list thats displayed is read directly from the phone, and not stored locally on the car.

The voicecontrol is active on all models, but I find it a little difficult to use in terms of it recognising the commands. You also have to programme/record the numbers you want to use via voice control, manually, which takes a little while, as you have to repeat each number several times to get it to recognise them!

I just use the controls on the steering wheel to navigate through the contacts list to get the number I want to dial.

jinxy

Apr 5, 2010
Well I hope it can do 2 otherwise the car is no good to me as I need 2 phones for work. I switch back and forward between them.

Stupra

Mar 25, 2008
West Yorkshire
Like most SEAT bluetooth systems, it will be able to pair with about 5 phones, BUT only connect to one at a time (the last used one). I had the dilemma of having two phones on one bluetooth system. Suggest either "call divert" or turn one off. Voice dialing is a bit of a faff as andyj said, but once the car "learns" the names & numbers, it works well. Good luck on the 2 phones onto one bluetooth system jinxy!!

jinxy

Apr 5, 2010
I just want to bind 2 to the car so I can select which one to use, not have them both active at once. I can do it in the BMW and in my previous Pug 407 (YUK!!!!!) if I can do that then I'm happy.

jinxy

Apr 5, 2010
Went back today and had a bit of a play and another drive. The bluetooth can pair multiple phones but the switching is handled by the phone having bluetooth on (or which one handshakes 1st if they both have it on) which is a pain but I can just about live with that. So just gotta wait now for the finance to be sorted and then until Friday and I can collect it from Motorvogue.

Stupra

Mar 25, 2008
West Yorkshire
Got mine from Guy at Motorvogue. He knows me well, should do, I have had 5 SEATS from him!! Send him my regards (Stuart in Rushden, last car Leon K1 in White)
Thats what I said before, the "last" phone that the car had a connection with is the one it will default to. But, if you switch that phone off, the car will "Search" for any of your other bluetooth enabled phones, so it does switch between them, as you said

madmanmax

Have just got my ST Sport last week in Black Magic...

Would highly recommend it.. THe Bluetooth works well with an iPhone, have had no drop out and the numbers scroll through easily and it can also remeber last dialed number which makes it easier..

Well thats my first post on here ...

Cbeal

Feb 27, 2005
I have to agree the bluetooth works well. It's the first system I've used that I actually prefer to a normal car kit. I had to download an app for my Nokia E51 to let it sync the contacts though

jinxy

Apr 5, 2010
Collect the car today and really pleased, will go out in a bit and get everything setup and have a play.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.