K&N air filter

safc_chris

Jan 3, 2013
anyone got one on? only got the bog standard 1.4engine and wondering if itl help at all with mpg? read people have felt a difference in BHP but not holding out too far on that one haha:D

CraigFrTsi

"Dude I almost had you"
May 23, 2013
Stapleford, Notts
I have a k&n panel filter on my dads 1.4 tdi ecomotive mk4 and before it used to have a range of 400miles whereas afterwards with careful Eco driving I could get the range to about 500 miles max and for my drive to work I could manage about 45-50mpg urban. I know this is all based on a diesel but just thought I'd give my input to show that with careful driving filters do work.

safc_chris

Jan 3, 2013
thanks yerh!
yerh i see. friend of mine recons it will only be the noise that changes as accelaration will be very tiny.. and possibly few more mpg

backtozak

Did you bother getting one? been looking into fitting a pipercross panel filter but not sure if it's worth it.

May 31, 2011
Essex
i was going to go for a panel filter but then decided to go and make a custom set up with an enclosed carbon filter sound is much better and do notice better response not sure how much a panel will help but if i were you smooth out the air box as made difference on mine when running standard filter

backtozak

Yes, did that myself yesterday, just cut out all the plastic bits. Thought I could tell a bit of difference with throttle response to be honest. But didn't know if it was just psychological :p

May 31, 2011
Essex
no it does make a difference i completely smoothed mine out and then cut the bits that block the flow from the intake at the front where it connect to slam panel as all criss cross

backtozak

Sounds like you did the same as me, although I think the standard air filter will still be more restrictive than others because of how thick the material is. I know I wouldn't like to breathe through it :p

May 31, 2011
Essex
Standard filter really bad once you get used to having something different I split a pipe on in kit I made so refitted the standard for a day and my god it felt so slow and had no guts.

targeting

The KN filters or any Racing filter will let more air in, but more dust to! :)
Car breads more, so it should be happier!

Induction kits are better for more results but are illegal. :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise