K03/04 - GT Bolt on 1.8T

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Stretch79 said:
jesus, better get another job but for that money cant you go ihi?

IIRC IHI route is at least twice that, although the comparison would depend very much on what you include...

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
tbh now ive been thinking about its not that exspensive really thought turbo kit was going to be well loads but about 1100 thats cool will get a bit at a time i thinks sod ihi lol

Are atp the best route to go down??

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
....but for everyone else's benefit, a little bird's told Sie that the K04 fitment GTRS basically doesn't fit RHD.

I think that's what he said anyway, it was either doesn't fit, or bugger to fit because of the power steering and brake stuff.

Bummer.

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Perhaps try to speak to Dean at Awesome. then report back? I think Sie said Dubsport have tried a GTRS on an S3?

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
BBT have said they will order the kit and if it doenst fit/work i will get a refund but the thing is ive been speaking to performance 3000 and there making a tubular manifold for the k04 so i was waiting to get this before i get the ball rolling with the yanks.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Scotty_b said:
performance 3000

Is this the same company as Neil Purchase now works?

Neil as in ex-TSR gone bust, done a runner responsible for taking £1000's of customers money for jobs which were never done just prior to departing TSR Performance and its financial collapse?

Good luck.

:rolleyes:

cupra R con

Normal member
Mar 23, 2004
hell
ibizacupra said:
Is this the same company as Neil Purchase now works?

Neil as in ex-TSR gone bust, done a runner responsible for taking £1000's of customers money for jobs which were never done just prior to departing TSR Performance and its financial collapse?

Good luck.

:rolleyes:
A one man campaign to get even on the internet, who would of thought it ;)

PS, I did mean the smiley, don't read into it :happy:

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
cupra R con said:
A one man campaign to get even on the internet, who would of thought it ;)

PS, I did mean the smiley, don't read into it :happy:

and I'm sure you would be passive when screwed over... oh hang on... I remember your recent jbs thread. ;) :p

pots and kettles [B)]

:whistle:

Background on Mr Purchase and his previous MD ship of TSR is here>> http://www.clubgti.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95595

make of it what you will.

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Is it? to be honest im not sure on the mechanics/owners names etc. My friends are all ford freaks and i got pointed in there direction after seeing there focus at a recent show.

Names tend to fly around all over the place (sfs being samcos ex machines and workers, revo being ex amd etc etc) but i take it these guys my have not left on good terms then? I know there new so im a bit wary. All info is gratefully received

cupra R con

Normal member
Mar 23, 2004
hell
ibizacupra said:
pots and kettles [B)]

:whistle:

Background on Mr Purchase and his previous MD ship of TSR is here>> http://www.clubgti.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95595

make of it what you will.
Good thread Bill, one of the most mature i have ever seen on any site, perhaps we understand each other a little better now?
I hope you get your man!

Scotty, you would be as well to back off from your imminent purchase for a while mate.

:cheers:

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Scotty_b said:
Is it? to be honest im not sure on the mechanics/owners names etc. My friends are all ford freaks and i got pointed in there direction after seeing there focus at a recent show.

Names tend to fly around all over the place (sfs being samcos ex machines and workers, revo being ex amd etc etc) but i take it these guys my have not left on good terms then? I know there new so im a bit wary. All info is gratefully received

I just mention it as the TSR debarkle has left many customers with serious issues and £1000's out of pocket. Neil is reportedly worked there, but in what capacity I know not. I have no experience of Performance 3000, but I do of Neal.

Good luck... better to be aware to cover yourself.

{REVO were previously APR Europe btw)

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
cupra R con said:
Scotty, you would be as well to back off from your imminent purchase for a while mate.
:cheers:

I would'nt go as far as that.
Just be aware of the history of that individual not the company per say.
Performance 3000 is another company and he may well just be an employee & that company is probably fine. The individual has some history however which still is in due process.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members