K03/04 - GT Bolt on 1.8T

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
wild willy said:
Is this the quattro eliminator.

Yes, this is the TT225/S3/LCR K04-023 fitment GTRS.

Not that it's listed on the ATP website as LCR fitment.

Not sure about the GT2871R Eliminator, but the pictures make it look externally the same, so I would assume it's either the same or bigger...

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Why does all always go pete tong at the last min! Anyone know of somewhere else i can get a decent mani to fit? As after all if the Garret doenst fit the mani will still fit my stock k04

YerMother

comes and goes
Sep 22, 2004
East Midlands Drives: Scirocco GT
Scotty the turbo fits the standard mani and the DP fits the turbo still! It's the intake plumping that has to be modified! I don't wanna take the risk myself! But if BBT is saying they won't charge if it doesn't fit then what do you have to loose?

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Yeah sorry what i meant was after seeing the gains to be had by an uprated exhaust mani i wnated to get it all done at once, rather than bit by bit

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Not on a K04 but the atp mani for the k03 gives a suggested 20bhp, now i know thats not going to be the case but all my ex Rs's etc have had tubular mani's and it made a hell of a lot of difference, so for around £300 i think it should help the system flow far better

DDX

today did some tests :

maf (with *1,31 ) :
ddx-gt28rs-2sep06.jpg

boost :
ddx-boost-gt28rs-2sep06.jpg

1.45/1.5bar max

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Looks good, boost moves quite high up, but I suppose you've got to expect it.

Isn't the 1.31 factor related to the K04? Not sure you can use it on another turbo :confused:

DDX

YerMother said:
DDX are you going to be getting the high flow manifold? Would be interesting to see what how that effects the figures!

no plans for other manifold (the atp manifolds are only for k03 upgrades?)
maybe an other downpipe, but for the moment quite happy with the results

Feel said:
Looks good, boost moves quite high up, but I suppose you've got to expect it.

just keep the revs above 4000rpm :D

Ianb

Nov 13, 2003
what a laggy turbo upgrade...better off with a smaller turbo with early spin up...must be terrible on track out of corners....lag lad lag whooooo...lag lag whooo.

IHI semm to have much better characteristics from what I remeber on Bill's car

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members