K03s max BHP ??

pickie

Jul 8, 2005
Hi all, spoke to Jabba the other day to enquire about getting a k03s fitted and the price , But was told jabba no longer do k03s as its such a crap mod for the money ?? and also told id be lucky to see 230BHP from it ??

1) what is the Max BHP from a K03s on a 2001 Ibiza Cupra ? ( i know this depends on the map so i guess it would be a Custom code ?? )

2) is this mod worth doing will there be a difference between my now already 203BHP remap ???

? from what i can read, for a K03s and fitted is around £1500 ?? ( which i could just about afford ? )

and ihi from £4600 ( which i dont have the money fort :( )

cuprabaz

Racing 2020VT
Jun 22, 2004
Aberdeenshire
Jabba said that, quite a few of there KO3S's have made over 240bhp

It also depends on what other mods you have, you'll need a FMIC, big bore downpipe and race cat & cat back, Filter, big bore TIP to get the most from the turbo.

You'll defo notice the difference between KO3 & KO3S.

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
you should be able to get the k03s turbo, fitted and mapped for about 1200quid max i should think

but unless you got everything else like baz described theres no point really cos it aint gonna be used efficiently

forget about power if i was you, its so pointless arguing about it, different rollers, different days, different times, different figures.

whether its worth it or not is up to you to decide after youve paid the money

Last edited:

mikecupra

Slightly diff,but my Leon Cupra was remapped by Jabba,and that was 233 bhp on there rolling road,and that runs on a k03s.

GTi T

May 8, 2005
North West
249 bhp/ 262lb/ft

K03S At Jabba

Dads car Mk3 Ibiza

Nuff said

Edited to say, a guy on here under the name mk4polo used to have a mk3 K03S and his was 252bhp and did something silly like a 13.8 1/4 mile.

Last edited:

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
Can I just add that the turbo isnt what gives max bhp, a standard car with standard k03s will breath a certain amount of gods cleanest air, open up its intake, increase CC's, slightly lairier cams and a bigger downpipe whilst remapped will undoubtedly give more bhp so to ask what is the max bhp of a turbo is like asking a hooker what she will do for a tenner, throw more money at her and you will be surprised what extra she will do (to a point)

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Can I just add that the turbo isnt what gives max bhp, a standard car with standard k03s will breath a certain amount of gods cleanest air, open up its intake, increase CC's, slightly lairier cams and a bigger downpipe whilst remapped will undoubtedly give more bhp so to ask what is the max bhp of a turbo is like asking a hooker what she will do for a tenner, throw more money at her and you will be surprised what extra she will do (to a point)

Surely though there must come a time when the turbo simply cannot move any more air, and so whatever else you do will be restricted by that?

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
there is yea when the turbo is beyond max efficiency, if you have a well set up car running say 18psi id wager a fiver that it would produce a better figure and torque curve than a badly modded or standard 20psi control model.
Running your car at max bhp isnt alwayas best for it, stage 2 revo proves this, from what i remember it actually runs slightly less psi and still gives an increase.

May 2, 2006
its not about all out bhp, its how long it holds that bhp for, a k03 might only run its max power for say 1k (example) then start tailing, where a k03s might hold more power but for longer, on the road that would be quiet a difference i would have thought

but is it worth the money for the upgrade? only you can decide that mate

Last edited:

cupra_matt

Audi Technician
Dec 15, 2004
Carlisle
In my opinion its not worth doing, i wish i had never wasted my time and money on it. The difference between K03 with REVO and K03s with stage 2 REVO was not massive. Perhaps with better mapping it would be different.

Just an opinion, i dont want shot down in flames.

pickie

Jul 8, 2005
interesting

think i will hold off and save up for IHI or simular

cheers for the info

Pickie

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
the performance difference is there if you know what to log & what adjustments to make.

HB9, T9 pretty much maxes the k03s out anyway on revo stage 2

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
also dont forget that a harder working turbo produces more heat and without a decent fmic you might as well turn your timing and boost down lower anyway.

Jun 29, 2001
Surrey
Mine managed 251bhp and 282lbft (Stealth's rollers though).

On the various RR'd I've been on the torque has always hit 280 but the bhp varies between 235-250'ish. The spread of power is much better than the K03. Mine hits 200bhp at about 4.5K rpm and holds over that figure until 7K (peaks at about 5 - 5.5K rpm - dependant on RR). Boost is strong at 3k rpm (peaks at 3.5K'ish). That's a nice spread of power IMO and well worth the cost. The problem I suppose is what's been mentioned above, you have to have all the bits that go with it (bigger DP, FMIC etc etc), making it more expensive than it would first seem. Saying that though, going BT route is going to cost in excess of £4K and that's probably without FMIC, etc etc.

Buks

Leon 1.8 20VT, custum chip JD Engineering..

Hi,

this are my results with a K03s turbo.
Mods are : 3" BlueFlame, BMC Airbox, Forge TIP, Forge DV, a custum chip by JD Engineering made on dyno..

Petrol

JD-Leon20VT-Benzine.jpg

LPI (gas)

JD-Leon20VT-LPI.jpg

gr.Erwin

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise