K03s max BHP ??

karl.w

methanol junkie
Oct 26, 2005
Mine made 286hp at PTS then they had traction problems :S!!
(That is PTS Rollers tho....)

Stage 2 Jabba...

Ko3's!

jabba stage 2 similar to revo stage 2 for power??

how many times has your car been rolling roaded at 286bhp on a k03s.
Either something is wrong with the rollers or you have a k03s hybrid turbo or something on your car.

IMO 286bhp out of a k03s is just silly and isn't going to happen

Last edited:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
he said it wheelspan.... so it gave a higher than possible reading...

a good dyno operator would have disregarded that run

Ianb

Nov 13, 2003
Dyno Lottery

Good KO3s unit with DP and Sports CAT usually peak between 220-230 max....realistically 215-225 is the norm.....still quick enough!!

pdcupra

Ibiza-less
Aug 11, 2006
King's Lynn
Dyno Lottery

Good KO3s unit with DP and Sports CAT usually peak between 220-230 max....realistically 215-225 is the norm.....still quick enough!!

think 215-225 is far too low estimation for a k03s. There are so many k03'd cars on here making 210-220bhp, and lots of R/R graphs to back these claims up. I dont think many people would be spending all that money for a 10bhp upgrade. Although i do doubt 250bhp+ is a bit generous, 215bhp is well under estimate. By the looks of things 235-245bhp seems to be the most common figures attained on here (with a decent map)

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
I have'nt seen it... from k03s on reliable rollers.

IanB's numbers are the more realistic, but whatever floats ya boat.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Personally i still think its a waste of money upgrade. I done it as my k03 was toast, but if i had a perfectly good k03 i wouldnt bother.

My last RR day i got 212bhp and 272lbs/ft, but it was smoking and running lean so by my calculations on where the power pulled back i would have made 235-240bhp and the same toque.

Jun 29, 2001
Surrey
The thing that people need to understand here isn't the headline figures, it's the driveability. A remapped K03 was gutless over 4.5K revs IMO. The K03S isn't (mine quite happily pulls hard up to and over 6K rpm). Forget the numbers, it's the extended rev range where it's most noticeable.

So many people say it's not a worthwhile conversion. I totally disagree. I think it's well worth the outlay. I think it's the perfect compromise in cost v's performance. Now I know people will come back and say "yeah but you need all the other bits that go with it ie DP, FMIC etc etc" which is true but if you're remapping just a normal K03, you should at least have the FMIC anyway. And if you're into modding your cars, the chances are you're going to have the exhaust and possibly larger DP already fitted. That just leaves buying the turbo, getting it fitted and then mapped. Hardly extortionate in comparison to going BT or GTwhatever.

And the other thing that gets to me on here is people rubbishing BHP claims. Does anyone actually know what a remapped K03 car should put out BHP-wise or even a K03S car. Nobody believes the figures so how can we be sure what's what. Those guys that say they get 220BHP out of a K03 could be complete nonsense for all we know (in realistic terms). Where do you draw the line on what to believe? Until someone takes 2 identical cars, one with a K03 and one with a K03S and runs them side by side on an reliable engine dyno, it's all bollocks.

Rant over. I'll get back in my box (yes! I'm having a bad day today).

erminio

Jul 26, 2006
I have'nt seen it... from k03s on reliable rollers.

IanB's numbers are the more realistic, but whatever floats ya boat.

Mine is also a K03s with Full Milltek, Forge TIP and Forge DV.

The roller is a "SuperFLow WinDyn" which are well know to be very expensive and very reliable rollers.

compare.jpg

The bleu line is with standard ECU remap and Full Milltek, the red line is after customize remap with Full Milltek and Forge TIP and DV.

HarveyGTI

The thing that people need to understand here isn't the headline figures, it's the driveability. A remapped K03 was gutless over 4.5K revs IMO. The K03S isn't (mine quite happily pulls hard up to and over 6K rpm). Forget the numbers, it's the extended rev range where it's most noticeable.

So many people say it's not a worthwhile conversion. I totally disagree. I think it's well worth the outlay. I think it's the perfect compromise in cost v's performance. Now I know people will come back and say "yeah but you need all the other bits that go with it ie DP, FMIC etc etc" which is true but if you're remapping just a normal K03, you should at least have the FMIC anyway. And if you're into modding your cars, the chances are you're going to have the exhaust and possibly larger DP already fitted. That just leaves buying the turbo, getting it fitted and then mapped. Hardly extortionate in comparison to going BT or GTwhatever.

And the other thing that gets to me on here is people rubbishing BHP claims. Does anyone actually know what a remapped K03 car should put out BHP-wise or even a K03S car. Nobody believes the figures so how can we be sure what's what. Those guys that say they get 220BHP out of a K03 could be complete nonsense for all we know (in realistic terms). Where do you draw the line on what to believe? Until someone takes 2 identical cars, one with a K03 and one with a K03S and runs them side by side on an reliable engine dyno, it's all bollocks.

Rant over. I'll get back in my box (yes! I'm having a bad day today).

Same here, getting sick to death of thie whole Dyno Lottery thing

if all anyone can say on here is well "its a dyno lottery" when you post up your figures, then is there any point to having your car RR'd. Just seems people getting a slating or people get annoyed when they post up figures and then people disgreee or doubt them, even realistic figures!

Previous Ibiza had all the goodies and a K03s, run a 13.8 1/4 mile time at 245bhp and 279lbft.

enough said

either spend £1500 on a K03s job and get a nice 245bhp or round about figure, which is more than enough for a FWD car

OR

Spend 4-5K on a big turbo conversion....this is without brembos etc etc

if you are on a budget then the K03s is the perfect solution without having to change manifolds etc

the majority of people on here highly rate the K03s, and people who slate it are very much in a minority.

out on the road the Ibiza with the K03s hold their own weight very well

why people slate the K03s conversion i really don't understand

my suggestion - ignore the minority on here

erminio

Jul 26, 2006
Same here, getting sick to death of thie whole Dyno Lottery thing

if all anyone can say on here is well "its a dyno lottery" when you post up your figures, then is there any point to having your car RR'd. Just seems people getting a slating or people get annoyed when they post up figures and then people disgreee or doubt them, even realistic figures!

I thing there are bad Rollers on the market and also people need to know how to roll a car on a rollerbench :)

It take some knowledge and time to roll a car well, but if there is a big queue mostly the speed up things and then the wrong result come :(

You have to do a powerloss measurement to adjust the loss of power from the drivetrain. After this you do a rev calibration for the revs and then you do the run. This is not done in 15 minutes per car :think:

cuprabaz

Racing 2020VT
Jun 22, 2004
Aberdeenshire
I know my car goes very well and has proved itself time and time again against some seriously fast cars. Admittedly after 130*** these cars catch up but buy that time it's over and point has been proven:D

With the right bits and bobs fitted the ko3s is well worth the money. Mine cost £170!!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members