K03s max BHP ??

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
why are people saying there is a minority that slate the k03s which im blatantly a part of with out mentioning my name

from where im standing nobody slates it, we slate the dreamers that believe that once they got a k03s they are faster than any ibiza with a k03 turbo...which isnt true...

i used to think they were fast as fook breaking into 13s on the strip...and how many k03s motors have i witnessed do so....Fook all!

and the times i have seen, i can match in my ibiza no problem really

not saying they arent quicker cos iv tested it side by side in my own car with daz_gibbo and the k03s spools up loads quicker and holds abit longer (but not much when fmic is present on both cars)

its just those that think its bloody amazing...and it seems every new member is that way these days

Last edited:

HarveyGTI

why are people saying there is a minority that slate the k03s which im blatantly a part of with out mentioning my name

from where im standing nobody slates it, we slate the dreamers that believe that once they got a k03s they are faster than any ibiza with a k03 turbo...which isnt true...

i used to think they were fast as fook breaking into 13s on the strip...and how many k03s motors have i witnessed do so....Fook all!

and the times i have seen, i can match in my ibiza no problem really

not saying they arent quicker cos iv tested it side by side in my own car with daz_gibbo and the k03s spools up loads quicker and holds abit longer (but not much when fmic is present on both cars)

its just those that think its bloody amazing...and it seems every new member is that way these days

never said it was "amazing"

never said it was "faster" either, i said its good value and the best upgrade without going BT

i suggest you re read the posts

HarveyGTI

You haven't seen a sub 14 sec ko3s, you need to get yourself along to more 1/4 days there's quite a few mate!:p

exactly - think he needs to read up a little more on the K03s

I ran myself a 13.8 and Mark (MK4Polo) run a 13.7 - speaks volumes

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
You haven't seen a sub 14 sec ko3s, you need to get yourself along to more 1/4 days there's quite a few mate!:p

nope...

i've read about people hitting sub 14s but never seen it for myself, not that i'm saying anyone is lying.

but iv watched daz_gibbo and flashbsd amongst others that i didnt know had the k03s conversion

looking to go to Shakespeare county raceway soon though, done with pod its too much of a drive for 4 runs all day

Last edited:

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
exactly - think he needs to read up a little more on the K03s

I ran myself a 13.8 and Mark (MK4Polo) run a 13.7 - speaks volumes

fella who do you think i am??? some 17year old that signed up to the forum last week???

i've been around here for a while and i was investigating the k03s conversion since i joined since it was the A&M boys that were the ones that really started it years ago

iv done the reading, iv felt it in action and i was not that impressed..so sue me

HarveyGTI

fella who do you think i am??? some 17year old that signed up to the forum last week???

i've been around here for a while and i was investigating the k03s conversion since i joined since it was the A&M boys that were the ones that really started it years ago

iv done the reading, iv felt it in action and i was not that impressed..so sue me

indeed so have i fella!

i was one of the originals who got the K03s with the A&M boys.

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
im not crucifying anyone and im certainly not getting into an argument with people over RR figures cos i think their rr claims are false

i think i'll leave it be before it gets out of hand

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
must be the drivers then!!;)

must be dude :thumbup:

personally im rubbish and i know it. but i keep getting badluck on the strip, first clutch slip, then too easy on the new clutch, then heatsoak and then when i finally got an fmic and was getting better with the launches (0.200 reaction and 2.1 60ft times are my best) i get a bad coil pack.

Last edited:

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
i`d say 240 with the right mods. standard is mappable to 230 with a good map. add a sports cat which is worth 10.
240bhp

but thats a good day with everything in favor. there are too many variables with rr`s. rollers, operators, enviroment etc. hence the term dyno lottery.

its the curve thats important. thats the constant

rashcupras ihi graph is different to mine. hes 10 bhp stronger but when on full boost my map looks more aggressive. be intresting to run side by side!

karl.w

methanol junkie
Oct 26, 2005
my k03s turbo with all the rest of supporting mods and water injection 23psi max boost and timing set to +2.25 degree above TDC intake temps when Rolling roaded were 18 degrees.
On a rolling road that is regarded as the most accurate in N. Ireland
cbab_3.jpg

May 25, 2004
Newport, South Wales
Without extra sticky R888's most of those times mind you. Best is as below @ POD also running Revo St2 with 2.3s 60ft - So a 2.0s should be achievable with practice, 4 times a year isn't enough. I'm a firm believer that more is to be had from a more tailored map and a KO3s for sure

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.