K04 conversion downpipe

M1KEH

M1KE
Oct 27, 2007
The Middle
It should fit seeing as the mk2 and mk3 ibizas are just about the same shell, But i'll let someone in the know confirm,

pj1985

1.8T Power
Oct 31, 2006
Hampshire/Surrey
Has been used before I beleieve. Some said it fitted straight on and other said it needed a little modification. If you already have an uprated downpipe for your k03 have a look at the pro imports up pipe. It links a k03 downpipe to a k04 turbo. Ask PhilW about it as he has looked at them quite abit.

turboboy

Limp Mode Squad ™
Dec 9, 2003
hants
i had one on my ibiza cupra R ko4 it rubbed slightly on the steering rack tho, it also needed re welding because it cracked, it will work tho, ko4 conversion is quite and involed thing to do on the ibiza but is worth it!

Also see bill for a map when its done, sorted me out a sweet map for mine

Dr Gav

thanks turboboy.
I would speak to him but mines all at the same time. Its going in at the end of the monthish and having a service, K04 turbo, stage2 map, forge TIP, new fuel injectors, new manifold, new front mount intercooler (awaiting delivery), this conversion downpipe. Also removing the aircon unit for a 'more power less weight affect' ;)
Plus i ve recently put a forge 007p dumpvavle also.

Iam concerned about my MAF, will i/how do i increase my MAF?

:confused:

turboboy

Limp Mode Squad ™
Dec 9, 2003
hants
your need a 3inch maff and lcr tip! And your also need stage 3 mapping thats why i said see bill,

Dr Gav

ok thanks, it is an lcr forge tip. Ok i ll start searching for a MAF unit. any good makes or deals you know off ? sorry for bugging you for answers by the way :p

pj1985

1.8T Power
Oct 31, 2006
Hampshire/Surrey
You also need a custom oil return line as the k04 one wont fit, pretty sure its the return one, and turbo to intercooler connector pipe as the k03/s has an elbow on the turbo which the k04 doesnt.

turboboy

Limp Mode Squad ™
Dec 9, 2003
hants
You also need a custom oil return line as the k04 one wont fit, pretty sure its the return one, and turbo to intercooler connector pipe as the k03/s has an elbow on the turbo which the k04 doesnt.

yep i forgot this, your need to get one of these made up! a coolent line to the bulkhead needs modding as well, one other thing pray your clutch is in good health.

Dr Gav

alrighty kokie i ll look in to this, my clutch is new as i had a new clutch and gear placed in when i brought it 7 months ago. thanks again to you all. I might update this at a later date

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
will the lcr tip not put the maf right where the ibiza has its expansion bottle?
injectors need to be suitable sized to go with the 80mm maf tube (you use your ibiza sensor)you will run.. aka 210/225 engine injectors

stage 2? maf and injector size change

Dr Gav

Thanks guys, I ve spoken to Ben at VAGTECH and I am getting a stage 3, I ve found a standard lcr aluminium MAF housing and my injectors are 330, just looking for an lcr charge pipe :) anything else fella s :)

turboboy

Limp Mode Squad ™
Dec 9, 2003
hants
will the lcr tip not put the maf right where the ibiza has its expansion bottle?
injectors need to be suitable sized to go with the 80mm maf tube (you use your ibiza sensor)you will run.. aka 210/225 engine injectors

stage 2? maf and injector size change

the lcr tip is the correct one to use and will cause no problems

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.