1. Hi Guest. We've recently updated our forum rules. Please take some time to review them. You can read the new rules here
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

k04 Hybrid for 210/225 owners, LCR/TT/S3 etc-330bhp achieved!!

Discussion in 'Badger5' started by ibizacupra, Mar 27, 2010.

Tags:
  1. JamJay

JamJay California Bound

What was the outcome of all of this? Was a solution found to all of the issues discovered and has a hybrid turbo been produced that will make the claimed 340bhp figures with surge? I know that a high flow manifold is required for this but we still don't have one do we? I know that INA had a hiccup with theirs but perhaps they are rectifying the issue. As for JBS, well as far as I know one has been leaked and in use by an S3 owner with good feedback so far i.e. no cracking but as for full production and availability to everyone, no updates thus far, certainly not on their website or on here since the 'disagreement'.

Sorry for pushing this again but if a 'real' hybrid package is offered that can be proved reliable and to make good power then I'm all ready to go :).

#521 JamJay, Mar 11, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2011
  2. ibizacupra

ibizacupra Jack-RIP my little Friend
    Forum Sponsor

"claimed 340bhp" - I have to asked claimed by whome?

My reference car is wellys, which currently has an XS Power tubular manifold, WMI, 3inch TIP, 3" DP, decat, large FMIC, largeport, and produces a "real" 338bhp/307lbft on my dyno, pulling a consistent 245-255g/s airflows, and this is done from 22psi-20psi boost only.
    I am sure on other dyno's people would see >340bhp from it with ease. Dyno Lottery (TM) applies of course in these things.

There are a couple of other hi-flow manifolds I have seen, so watch this space.... something will come soon I am sure. :)

034/INA's offering - who knows.. Wellys not been contacted to be told the new cast material version is available, so you would have to contact them directly.

3. JamJay

JamJay California Bound

Claimed by Turbo Dynamics on Page 1 of this thread (http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showpost.php?p=3277210&postcount=2) although even at that time you were skeptical. Still, nice to hear that Welly finally got a manifold and the power potential was realised and 338bhp is as good a near 340bhp so perhaps the estimates weren't all that out, they just didn't specify exactly what else was needed in conjunction. I'd like to keep up with his developments but since the Trojan Virus infection recently on ASN, it has been blocked.

Looking forward to your opinion on these other manifolds, I'll keep my eye open.

This info however is good enough for me so I hope at some time soon (manifold pending) I will be taking this route also :).

Thanks Bill.

4. ibizacupra

Forum Sponsor

the problem with all these turbio manufacturers seems to be they quote the theoretic flow potential of the components of the turbo only.. There is after all, an actual engine attached to it also, which can as we see dramatically effect how the overall package works..

until the advent of hi-flow exhaust manifold, and 3inch tip, these things did top out at just about 300bhp level... they did in the process produce a shed load of unwanted heat such was their inefficiency.

the hybrid needs to live with like minded parts to allow it to work to its potential.. I believe we now know what these are tho with the hybrid thread discussion and tests done by all and sundry. Everyone knows a lot more about them than they did before we embarked on this.

5. slappy_dunbar

slappy_dunbar FrankenTurbo

Bill -- your impediment to that 340bhp target has not been the manifold. It's been the turbo. All any S3 customer of yours needs is 550s, your tuning... and a better turbo.

6. ibizacupra

Forum Sponsor

I would have to disagree doug on that one..
    Wellys would not make >300bhp without its higher flowing manifold, on same turbo it now produces 338bhp from..

why do you think this?
    curious ?

7. slappy_dunbar

slappy_dunbar FrankenTurbo

I'm not trying to make the case that no improvement can be made over the stock manifold. Sorry; that was unclear. But I do think 340bhp is possible on it. Just not with the turbo Welly's running.

You know, our testing is performed on a stocker with ceramic coating. I suppose it's possible this is having an outsized effect on EGT control. Maybe. I don't know. Mostly, though, I think the issue boils down to the RS6-series turbine wheel in his unit. It's too aggressive.

8. ibizacupra

Forum Sponsor

hmm, interesting perspective.. :think:
    to me, from what I saw, the flow bottle neck and manifold runner colours showed to me where the hotspots were, and flow/heat being linked..

you think the RS6 wheel is too aggressive?
    V2.2 has a clip on it.. Not seen the results of this yet.. Jans lupo k03/k04 hybrid/hybrid is running the V2.2 spec.. so I will see how it performs when I ever get a spare minute.. lol

9. Dani_b19

Dani_b19 Active Member

So what model of engine are the N/A cams out of?

10. ibizacupra

Forum Sponsor

ADR is a non-turbo motor...

11. Dannyh

Dannyh The Black Pearl

(This is a repost but i was unsure if i put in in the right thread, sorry)

Ok guys, some advice plesase, i have no other mods apart from an uprated DV a silicone TIP and an ITG cone, my turbo has broke and i have the option of buying a KO4 hyrbid cheap (ish)

my question is can i run the turbo and get the remap around 260-270 bhp with low torque so it is safer on the rods?
    will this cause lag??

12. ibizacupra

Forum Sponsor

no need to Spam posts :rolleyes:

13. Neil82

Neil82 Full Member

14. Dan1720v

Dan1720v Active Member

Yea. However contact 'Sam Bryant' on here as he sells direct from manufacturer for about £170 iirc

15. Neil82

Neil82 Full Member

Searched and still none the wiser who to call to order this? What company does Sam Bryant own/work for?

16. ibizacupra

Forum Sponsor

17. Neil82

Neil82 Full Member

Thanks Bill

Has anyone fitted one of these to a K04'd Mk3 Ibiza Cupra?

18. ibizacupra

Forum Sponsor

not aware of anyone..
    are you k04 now?

19. JDUB 20V

Bill i want to go KO4 hybrid i reckon and would like you to work your magic on my Cupra, awaiting those prices via email bud ;)

20. ibizacupra

Forum Sponsor

pm me your email address so I can confirm I have an email from you please
    thanks