K04 MK3 Ibiza Cupra Track Ready - RIP

Truthfully.... It doesn't... yet :)

When you hit the loud pedal in the Ibiza it was mental. You got induction noise from the B5 3inch tip and then it hit full boost and you had the exhaust booming holding onto that tiny steering wheel then the valves where dancing on the bonnet reaching a few inches down to change gear and stamping the pedal again, doing all that whilst been tightly squeezed in the bucket seat just put the biggest smile on my face aswell as the passenger.

The K1 is totally different machine so smooth and refined it's unreal. Cruising in 6th on the M1 on the way home it was so quiet but still torquey. Would pull from 70mph to fast lane speed no problem and will pull out of low speed roundabouts in 3rd no problem. After not having even a CD player or pas it's real nice to have sat nav and lights/wipers that turn on and off for me. :)

Handling wise I did a lot to get the Ibiza where I wanted it and had more plans for it but the K1 is real good straight out the box, just the right stiffness for throwing about but would benefit from a anti lift kit I think.

Plans for it I'm thinking
Exhaust, intake, lowering on shocks and springs (Bilstein B12 poss) rear arb and anti lift kit and of course a map of some sort.
Then I'll look into a Diff, uprated clutch and big brakes. I miss the diff like mad already lol

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2012
Aberdeen
You dont hang around do you. Noise of a milltek will put a smile on your face surely?
Plans sound good also, look forward to seeing it come along. Pretty sure youll get sucked into buying more as bill does all his tests ;)

You dont hang around do you. Noise of a milltek will put a smile on your face surely?
Plans sound good also, look forward to seeing it come along. Pretty sure youll get sucked into buying more as bill does all his tests ;)

Haha nah snooze you lose ;)

It puts a smile on my face now just needs a few personal tweaks like any new motor would :)

Milltek should be here middle to end of next week :)

Nice to see your k1 in the metal last night mate, its MINT!

Thanks mate, and you family car is awesome :thumbup: proper sleeper :lol:

Last edited:

Aaron87

Nov 19, 2013
From reading this it's a shame the Ibiza has gone, looked very well done.. But the K1 on the other hand is a very good upgrade!

Sep 15, 2012
Aberdeen
Just time to make it yours then?
How does it compare to the ibiza setup? Power delivery? Guessing its alot smoother delivery? Would you say its as quick? Much comfier id guess?

Just time to make it yours then?
How does it compare to the ibiza setup? Power delivery? Guessing its alot smoother delivery? Would you say its as quick? Much comfier id guess?

Yeah defo just need some time to tinker with it :) gunna start a new thread later.

Power delivery is so smooth yeah. And sooo comfy to drive.

It's not as quick as the Ibiza, not yet any way but it's no slow coach ;) but doing a ton in the Ibiza you knew about it for sure clinging on and forcing the steering wheel round haha

Sep 15, 2012
Aberdeen
No i wouldnt imagine it would be slow with 240bhp, just wouldnt have the same thrill yet haha. Yeah i know what you mean, even 70 in the iniza and you know of it.
So any idea of the ultimate plans? Will you be going as far as the ibiza? Or just keeping it running well and clean?
Tbf its not good atall what happened to the ibiza, but the turnout is pretty damn great eh. Wouldnt wish for anyones car to be damaged in any way, especially a car that has had so much time and effort spent on it. But it really has worked out well

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.