Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.

K1 to R or S4

Discussion in 'Leon Mk2 (2006-2012)' started by JF77, Oct 12, 2011.

1. JF77

JF77 Full Member

I have K1 at the moment and is now 3 years old. I have seen a nice 2011 R for sale and I tempted but I said I wanted something bigger.
    Should I take the plunge or wait a year until the V6 S4 avant comes into my price range?

J

2. CLAREBILL

CLAREBILL Guest

i enjoyed driving the cupra R, i would recommend that espcially if it has all the gadgets.

3. ElasticTangent

The S4 is a very nice car. I'm not sure if it feels as agile as the Leon and is a lot of money. Very well built with a gorgeous interior. A mate has one as a company car.

4. robdf2

robdf2 Yellow is the best

what year S4?
    you on about the twin turbo v6?

5. ElasticTangent

It's supercharged isn't it?

6. Spirit Furtive

Spirit Furtive Active Member

Gotta be the supercharged B8 as the old 2.7 turbo would already be in his price range.

7. robdf2

robdf2 Yellow is the best

thats why i asked ;)

8. ste-lfc

ste-lfc Active Member

I am keeping the leon now till the s4 (b8)is within budget ......12 mths hopefully....I have looked at a lot of cars lately including an R at 17k but really not worth the extra over mine.....

9. w8scc

w8scc Kasper the K1

Cupra r should have been a 2.5 turbo with 4wheel drive.. Then it would be worth those extra few pounds ;)

10. connorh

connorh Guest

id agree with s4. Better car in so many respects.

11. InfernalBadger

InfernalBadger Full Member

Im looking at an S4 to replace my Cupra. They just don't seem to be coming down in price though :(

The V8 S5 is tempting as you can pick one of those up relatively cheap.

12. RobH

RobH Active Member

Theres better cars for the money than an S5 mate those things are a barge and "only" have 350hp i say only as it has to move that huge weight around. The B8 S4 charged v6 on the other hand is very nice. Has to me at least mapped though ;)

13. InfernalBadger

Tbh, I haven't driven one, just love the look and would like a V8, lol. I would love an S4 but they are a good £8k more expensive than the V8 S5.

Other choices are a BMW 135i or 335i coupe, they could be mapped as well I suppose to get silly power (yes, I know I could tune my Cupra up to silly power but I'm not really interested in that).

Other random option is an Evo X 330 or 360 but the running costs would just be too high I think :( Not sure I want another 2l Turbo engine either, lol.

14. dazjb69

I've seen one at just under 20k as I've been looking recently, really nice motor but coming up to 5 years old. I'm sold on a focus RS though!

15. InfernalBadger

Yeah, age is an issue, but I'm not made of money yet so can't afford a nearly new one :( Shouldn't have bought the wife a new Hyundai ix35!!

A Focus RS is 'nice' I have no interest in getting another hatchback, lol.

Sorry for the thread hijack btw, in answer to the original question, no way would I go from a K1 to a Cupra R, definitely change car! You don't live long enough to have the same car twice!

16. Signor Whippy

Signor Whippy Active Member

Get an rs4! When I went and bought my cupra, they had one in the showroom. The seats are divine!

17. steroidchris

steroidchris Active Member

I'm glad that you have such a dilemma. I could only wish to buy such cars.

18. InfernalBadger

Too old tbh, you are right about the seats though.

19. OldNick

OldNick Newbie

Focus RS with Mountune if you can find it. Thats what I'm going for after my K1. The Cupra R is just too similair to the K1, and in some ways I dont think looks as good (or different enough!)

Nik

20. cupra_ahhh

cupra_ahhh Active Member

Hmm lucky boy! A second hand supercharged S4 is about £25k if IIRC. Very tempting, considering some people are paying the same, if not more for a Cupra R.

As the Focus, IMO that's a fabulous looking car, and you cant really go wrong with a Ford. You dont want an S5, there is no tuning options. You have to get a forced induction car, that way if you get bored you can get a remap...if you get bored after that, stick on an exhaust...etc etc.