Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

Karcher

Discussion in 'Leon Mk2 (2006-2012)' started by porksword28, May 8, 2014.

1. porksword28

Looking at buying a Karcher pressure washer for cleaning the car, and wondered which model people use. Any advise/reviews that will help me to buy the right one would be much appreciated! Thanx in advance!

2. Crafoo

Crafoo Crazy Fool!

Don't think it matters really does it? I'm sure any will do just fine, you don't really need any pressure for cleaning the car, I only use mine for applying my pre-wash.

3. Pabs

I'd avoid cheap Karchers if I were you. Get a Nilfisk instead. Karchers use plastic pumps in their cheap models and they are prone to failure. Nilfisk come with 3yr guarantees from
    some places so good on that front - also have recently got one myself and am very impressed :)

4. kazand

kazand Is powered by Medtronics

If you do buy a Karcher make sure pressure hose is long enough, some of them (including the one I had originally) only have a short hose and means you have to keep moving the unit. Extensions are also expensive. I ended up buying a broken one off e of the bay just for the longer hose - cost £10 instead of £40 for a Karcher spare!

5. Crafoo

Crafoo Crazy Fool!

I bought a Bosch Aquatak from ebay about 5 years ago for £40, gets used a few times a month and hasn't failed me yet.

6. lsg60

lsg60 Active Member

Iv got a K4 at the min can't fault it one bit. Agree with the cheap ones, had a k2 and burnt it out within a year

7. Pabs

Take a look at the nilfisk c110 and c120 - the 110 regularly goes on offer at around £60 ish. I have the 120 and paid just on £80 for it.

8. Guncha

:lol: Got this too 2 years ago and there was issue with water pressure. Changed filter and it works

9. AndrewJB

AndrewJB Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing

I've got a K2 and it's meh OK not great

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

10. richicupra

richicupra Active Member

My grandad has a K2 which is nice and portable for him - He's jet washed his patio/driveway once a fortnight for 4 years with it and it's still going

11. tony323ci

tony323ci Lovin' it

Agree karchers full cheap plastic I have a mac allister fron bq has all cast pump and replaceable parts bomb proof

12. porksword28

Thanks for all your advice think ill prob go for the nilfisk!!!