Keeping Your Passat B5.5 Tdi 130 Healthy

synchro

Hi guys

hope yer well

I know that I shouldn't be posting this in a seat forum, but I was thinkin that these issues relate to Seat the same way.

Now getting back to the passat tdi 130 issue, my dad drives a 2005 b5.5, 1.9 tdi 130 highline estate.

The car is beautiful, ever since the head gasket has gone in the older petrol passat, my dad is a little dissapointed in the return he got on the older passat, so now he wants to own his new passat, and just keep an eye on her, and keep on top of any weekspots, or known issues with them.

He just wants to know which oil to use, as he heard that a lot of the issues related to pd failure, is down to the wrong oil being used.

Is there any issues with this spec, be it related to the engine or the rest of the car?

He just wants to keep on top of it, and ensure that she lasts a litter longer than the 99 passat, since he intends running his passat wagon into the ground.

Here are a few pics of the 2 ladies:

http://picasaweb.google.com/edmondkelleher...Ly2i52x29XAoQE#

By the way im in germany, so if anyone needs to call on me for anything, just let me know, Im in Dusseldorf at the moment.

All the best,
Ed

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members