Key Fob out of sync with my 05 Leon PD150

Dec 30, 2019
Hello there,

I picked up my current Mk1 Leon PD150 after owning a number of Mk4 Golf PD130s and also a Passat B5.5 with the PD130 engine.

Unfortunately the key fob does not work the central locking.
I have a copy of VCDS, and upon scanning for codes, there were two for the drivers door and also the offside rear door (which doesn't open from inside or outside at the moment).
I have replaced the door control module in the drivers door today, but am still having no luck in syncing the key fob to the car.

Would someone be able to explain to me how to resync the fob, either using VCDS or via a manual method please? I have tried various generic methods for VAG cars, but no luck so far.

Thanks very much,

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
Hello there,

I picked up my current Mk1 Leon PD150 after owning a number of Mk4 Golf PD130s and also a Passat B5.5 with the PD130 engine.

Unfortunately the key fob does not work the central locking.
I have a copy of VCDS, and upon scanning for codes, there were two for the drivers door and also the offside rear door (which doesn't open from inside or outside at the moment).
I have replaced the door control module in the drivers door today, but am still having no luck in syncing the key fob to the car.

Would someone be able to explain to me how to resync the fob, either using VCDS or via a manual method please? I have tried various generic methods for VAG cars, but no luck so far.

Thanks very much,
Not sure if it works on vag cars but you could try putting the key in the ignition with ignition on but engine off and then pressing the lock/unlock button on the fob. This has sync'd the fob to the car on a few of my previous cars.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Yellow fr

Gone to new owner so seat less for now
Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
You need two keys one in the ignition and the one with the fob you want to tune to the car in the drivers door lock
So the one in the ignition turn the key till the dash lights come on so the ignition is on but the engine not running
The key in the door lock has to be turned to the left and held there for about 30 sec or you hear a chirp from the car and press the button to lock and open the car on the fob lid it has work the doors should lock and open
If you don’t have two keys you will have to take the door lock out off the door handle and use a screw driver to turn the lock part inside the door

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 30, 2019
Hi all, thanks very much for the replies.

Yes I have two keys, one with the fob, and another more basic key. I will try Yellow FR's suggestions and let you know how I get on. Thanks again.

Reactions: Yellow fr
Dec 30, 2019
I have tried Yellow FR's recommendation, but with the drivers window open, turning the fob key to the left results in the alarm being set off after about 10 seconds. Does anyone have any other suggestions to try please?

Yellow fr

Gone to new owner so seat less for now
Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
Don’t know if it make a difference having the window open but I have the same car and that’s how I did mine when I replaced the fob part off my key

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 30, 2019
Hi gents, thanks for your responses.
I tried Yellow Fr's suggestions again with the window closed, but unfortunately with the same result, the alarm gets activated, and no indication of it learning the fob.

I have also tried with VCDS, as shown in Tanto's video, but again, there was no acknowledgement that the car had paired with the fob (I was expecting a honk), and the fob still doesn't work. At this point I am considering buying a second-hand fob from eBay and trying to pair that, and then swap the key element over.

Does anyone have any other suggestions before I go ahead and buy a second-hand fob please?

Thanks very much.

Dec 30, 2019
A small update on this. I took the original key fob apart, and can see that an SMD coil has been knocked off the circuit board, likely by someone heavy-handedly replacing the battery, so I have ordered a second-hand fob, and am hoping that I can pair it to the car with VCDS.

Dec 30, 2019
To finalise this thread, the replacement transponder arrived yesterday, and I was able to pair it to the car using VCDS, so this problem is solved now. Thanks to all who contributed.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.