key fob problems!

Jul 4, 2011
i've tried to programme my key fob by

1. put you key into the ignition, turn it so the car is on (not started) No more than 5 seconds (count to 3 its easier when i figured it out)
2. take your key out quickly. Hold down the lock door button on your remote, while your doing that press the open door button 3 times.
3. let go of the buttons, the led will flash 5 times and your doors will lock then open to tell you its in sync.

it flashes 5 times but it doesn't lock my doors or open them... the battery is new in the fob the only other thing i can think it could be is the transponder/receiver any thoughts??

kevin. s

ive got exactly the same problem. was gonna post a thread about it but youve saved me the hastle :)

Jul 4, 2011
wehey! i don't feel like the odd one out... i've got no idea what it could be though my car is obviously having a "i'm not doing what you tell me" moment lol :)

Bmthcupra

Ok i got a similar thing apart from my light does not light up at all... any ideas??

Jul 4, 2011
i kind of haven't got round to fixing this. if your light doesn't light up it might be your battery that's dead??

i had the same problem but had a guy sort mine out :) he put the key in the door lock and turned and held so the windows went down then reversed it so they went shut (dunno if it does anything) but then he did the program thing with the ignition like your saying about 3 times still didn't work then he took the key apart and moved the prongs abit so they were more on the battery then 4th time lucky it worked "better than before" don't give up just yet lol hope this helps :)

Samleach1234

Jan 3, 2015
Had the same problem !! This site is a god send I've had people telling me I have to plug into vag-com to recalibrate my fob to ecu well I did what the op tryed and it worked straight away thanks

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.