Key fob problems....

poppydoodlesdad

Feb 6, 2012
I think I know the answer to this but just looking for confirmation...

The flip-out remote key fob for my Altea has stopped unlocking, it still locks OK though the little light on the fob no longer does anything. The central locking button on the centre console and all other car based functions still work fine, so I assume the problem lies with the key?

Changed the battery, but no difference.

I think therefore there's probably something wrong with the remote circuitry within the fob?

I’m thinking of getting a replacement fob off FleaBay and here’s the question – if I split my existing key in to the flip-out blade end and remote buttons, I should be able to put the existing blade end on to the new remote element. Re-programme the remote and it should work? Yes?

No having to remove transponders etc?

Does that sound about right? Any help appreciated.

Viking

Insurance co's are crap.
May 19, 2007
Near Richmond, North Yorks
Even easier than that, all you need to do is pull the remote section off the keyblade section, swap the remote bit for a fully working one, and put it back together. Then resync the remote to the car.

Edit: Just re read your post without the wife jabbering at me. Yep, you've got it correct. I think I might have a remote here somewhere but it'll have to be the correct frequency to match yours.

Last edited:

poppydoodlesdad

Feb 6, 2012
I think I'm going to see about trying to get a 'new' remote off FleaBay or similar, does anyone know a reliable supplier i.e. one where the remote will actually work?

Thanks

poppydoodlesdad

Feb 6, 2012
Three button. I could get one from a dealer but figured I'd save some if I could find a decente-bayer?
Having said that, if the difference is minimal might as well get the genuine article...

skard

Dec 29, 2011
UK
I have had a remote die on me, even though the LED still flashed.

As mentioned, look at the part number of your remote and find a used one on ebay (£12 last time). It can be synced to the car in VCDS channel 46 (CCM) in seconds.

Roverdino

Apr 17, 2015
Remote key central locking stopped working..

Hi.. All of a sudden my central locking has stopped working on my 07 Leon Reference Sport tdi via key fob buttons,
I've had key tested, reprogrammed and tried new remote but nothing would connect.
so it would seem that the problem is at the 'car' end and not the key.
Any ideas guys before i have to take it to main dealer's????

zangxuma

Apr 19, 2015
aokhoacnu.com
Three days ago my key fob failed to unlock my car door, and I replaced the key fob battery. Now it fails to unlock car door again. Is the key fob "eating" the new battery? Do I need to replace the entire key fob?

custard22

Jun 29, 2014
Cornwall, England
:shrug::shrug:Hi there. I'm also having problems with my key for my Mk1 Leon. It only had one key when I bought it, and now that key has stopped remote unlocking my car. The car still opens with the key in the door, and runs perfectly, but won't remote unlock, even though the LED is flashing. If anyone has any help, I would be very grateful!!!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members