Key Immobilizer

faysal

Nov 4, 2016
Turkey
help , i just got a new key fob, im just having a problem with programming the ID48 chip inside it which is for unlocking the immobilizer.
when i want to use the VCDS software it needs a login for the instrument cluster, where can i get that from?

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Typically if a function is "safe" to perform, VCDS will offer the log in details when you "hover" over the field for logging into the security for a controller.

I thought, that with your age of car, you needed another resource to extract the SKC key from the instrument pod, then apply that using VCDS. Older cars came with a small tag on the keys that was the SKC key.

faysal

Nov 4, 2016
Turkey
thank you for such a quick reply, i didnt get what you said, i mean the hovering part i understood and it's not showing any thing, but the skc?!

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
VCDS, if you are running the latest version of software, will, if it is considered safe for a DIYer to do, offer the correct security code for a module, if it is not offering a security code when you place the curser in the correct box to enter the security code/key into, ie hovering over that box, then I'd think that VCDS if you are running the latest version of that software, has considered that logging into that module is not the best plan.

faysal

Nov 4, 2016
Turkey
so here's the problem i extracted my pin for the instrument cluster, but the thing just wont log in, it seems like theres something wrong in the cluster

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.