Key mod

Allan

Apr 29, 2019
Deffo looks much better! Used a t7 which seemed to be the best fit but unfortunately sheared the screw head off. Still- it's enough to secure the new end piece.

Attachments

• 20190807_100507.jpg
    20190807_100507.jpg
    1,005.6 KB · Views: 347

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
With respect to the chromed end , in place of the plastic end, as soon as my wife got her new Polo in 2015, I noticed that the end had changed to being plastic, so I ordered up a couple of genuine VW Group chromed ends, fitted one to my key, asked my wife for her key so that I could change it as well - and she asked me to let her see/feel my modified key - then said "no thanks, my handbag is heavy enough already" - and of course she is right, doing this chrome end mod does come at a price which is a significant weight increase! So that means that I have still got one chromed end available, just a minute, my older daughter has just collected her new Leon Cupra - I need to check out what she thinks about this as the comment " key very plain and cheap looking" came out after she test drove it, maybe now that she thinks that the SEAT badge is slightly copperish she will have changed her mind as these cars are "black" anyway, except strangely, the exhaust tips!

SteveFR

Dec 7, 2016
Bucks
As all the white markings had worn off in my pocket over the years (plus the rubber had proved to be a lint magnet) I’ve swapped my key fob protector for one of these TPU versions from Amazon which I’m finding is rather nicer thus far.

CB8C2377-4473-45DE-8BF8-DF82ED45678D.jpeg

74A7566B-AF7D-40F2-9566-DDB35569583D.jpeg

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
As all the white markings had worn off in my pocket over the years (plus the rubber had proved to be a lint magnet) I’ve swapped my key fob protector for one of these TPU versions from Amazon which I’m finding is rather nicer thus far.
Nice alternative, Yes I find the same with the white rubbing off and in the wrong pocket they collect lint, but on the positive the silicone doesn't scratch!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members