Key Problems.

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
Anyone?
Or can I just buy a key the same as mine on eBay and get a dealer to code it?

I phone a dealer today and a new key is £195 all together!

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
Unlocking the doors! Locking works most of the time.
Everything else is fine, except it doesn't like staying erect when it's in the ignition. The black plastic part drops downwards, but I'm not bothered about that.

I happened to find a battery earlier that fitted and it's better now.
Although the previous battery was only a couple of months old so I didn't expect it to be that!

dave.richmond

Jul 29, 2009
if its just the central locking controls then you can change them. But you will have to pair the new remote with the car.

Jan 11, 2005
Barnsley
I think the keys for canbus leons should be part number 1k0 959 753 but if your current key part number matches the one above it will work. You'll have to transfer the blade and transponder over then pair the new fob to operate the central locking. This requires another spare key, one to turn the ignition on and the other for the door. There's plenty of pairing instructions on here for doing that so have a search

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
Ok, thanks.
Is that a dealer only job or can anyone who owns a screwdriver do it?

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
So it's that easy?
Was it a new key or one that had been programed before that you used?

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
QUOTE=Rampage;2959519]So it's that easy?
Was it a new key or one that had been programed before that you used?[/QUOTE]

I looked on the side of my key (under the blade) for the part number, found a guy on ebay selling a brand new key with exactly my part number, Googled for an online key cutter and got a brand new blade cut from a high res pic then got it sent to a friends address just to be sure, swapped out the little glass rice grain transponder from my old none flip key, paired the remote to the car and that's it.

Cost was about £25, not bad as the stealers want over £100.

If you want full instructions with pics and links go to the Ibiza mk4 FAQ section and read the "FLIP KEY INFO" thread. MK4 Ibiza works exactly the same way as MK2 Leon.

Here you go>>>>>>>>>http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=102433

Everything you need to know is in the first few pages.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise