Keyless entry

Mark Edward

Sep 22, 2018
Hi all. How does the keyless entry work. Kessy ? On a seat toledo 2018 xcellence model. Thank youn

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Walk up to car with key in your pocket. Touch drivers door handle and car opens. Sit in car and as long as key is with you press the Start button with clutch in and car starts.

To stop car press Start button again. Exit car and use buttons on keyfob to lock the car. Unless you code car to lock automatically once key is outside of the car using OBDeleven.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Touch the inside ( fingers through the handle) to unlock. Touch the outside of the handle (where you would normally put a key) to lock. It's not immediately intuitive at first, but after a week doing it correctly I was ok with it.

Reactions: Maypack

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
Best/Easiest Modus Operandi to lock is to put back of your hand to the outside of handle, prolonged contact folds my mirrors in too

OBDeleven coded for one touch locking and winding mirrors in so should do both with a gentle touch of outside of handle. Will confirm it works when wife comes home.

Bedlam

Feb 26, 2009
North Yorkshire
OBDeleven coded for one touch locking and winding mirrors in so should do both with a gentle touch of outside of handle. Will confirm it works when wife comes home.
I haven't messed with the coding, by the way a second touch immobilises Kessy to avoid theft by cloning through walls etc.

Last edited:

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
For the OP don't worry that your mirrors wont fold. The Leon/Ateca have more features.
Toledo doesn't have the hardware. Or for the auto window closure stuff like Ibiza either.

Smileyman

Aug 9, 2017
Thanks ... this explains why the car unlocked on one occasion when I touched the driver's door handle ... I was worried there was a fault somewhere. To be honest I never have used this system, one single press of the open button on remote opens the driver's side doors, double press if need to open passenger side doors. One press of the lock button locks everything. Doors self lock when driving away, which I do like very much!

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
Thanks but I understand what "Coding" is :weedy:

I wasn’t explaining what coding meant. I took it you already understood that.

I was explaining (badly) that with the addition of coding it allows the doors to lock and mirrors to fold in with just a quick touch of the door handle, not the longer touch as was mentioned earlier in the thread.

Reactions: Bedlam

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Thanks ... this explains why the car unlocked on one occasion when I touched the driver's door handle ... I was worried there was a fault somewhere. To be honest I never have used this system, one single press of the open button on remote opens the driver's side doors, double press if need to open passenger side doors. One press of the lock button locks everything. Doors self lock when driving away, which I do like very much!
I hate the multipress thing, I always forgot the second press, the passengers would be yanking on the handles when I tried again. SWMBO moaning "why did you lock me out". Generally took 5 or more presses to get all the doors unlocked. It was the first setting I changed with Carista. 1 push, all unlocked. That 1 mod alone was worth the cost of the app and OBD adaptor.

Pew.

Mar 23, 2012
Scotland
I hate the multipress thing, I always forgot the second press, the passengers would be yanking on the handles when I tried again. SWMBO moaning "why did you lock me out". Generally took 5 or more presses to get all the doors unlocked. It was the first setting I changed with Carista. 1 push, all unlocked. That 1 mod alone was worth the cost of the app and OBD adaptor.

You don't even need carista, go into settings and change convience locking/unlocking to all doors.

Carista or obd needed for the single click mirrors though

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
You don't even need carista, go into settings and change convience locking/unlocking to all doors.

Carista or obd needed for the single click mirrors though

On pre-facelift cars there is no settings menu...Carista is a must on pre MY16 cars

And if you can make single click mirrors work on a Toledo you're a genius.

Last edited:

Smileyman

Aug 9, 2017
Don't need Carista for that ... part of the standard options on one of the user menus

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.