Kick at 4500-5000rpm

SamS3

Sorry if this has been posted before, Ive done a lot of searches and cant find anything on this subject.

Recently ive been getting an extra kick at about 4500-5000rpm almost like the turbo kicking in. I get the normal kick at 3000rpm. Is this normal? Ive got a forge 007 dump valve and am wondering whether to try the TIP to see if that helps?

Any ideas? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

flashbsd

hi, have you got a boost gauge fitted?

might be worth trialing one to see whether its a boost issue, sounds like its either holding back before 4500 or there is some sort of boost leak?

or get somebody with vag-com in your area to run a fault check, they are usually quite good at listing faults as they arise :)

SamS3

Got hold of a VAG-COM cable and software so will log boost and check for errors tonight.

SamS3

no errors, BUT the vacuum pipe going to the forge valve has a tear in it where the jubilee clip sits :( So this is possibly the issue.

Next Q is do i get a replacement pipe from a dealer or get another one elsewhere? What will stop the jubilee clip ripping the pipe?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

flashbsd

are you talking about the little hose on the top of the valve? or the bottom or right side one? if its the little one, get some silicon hose from www.siliconhoses.com and trace it back and replace, only 30cm or less.

If its one of the others, cut a new part off the hose, and use JCS hi-Torque Stainless hoseclips from www.rswww.com

They have rounded edges so wont cut into it :)

hope that helps ;)

SamS3

Hi, yeah its the little hose on top of the valve. Thanks for the info, ill either get a new silicon hose or cut the current hose and try a better clip.

The problem with the jubilee clip is it doesnt sit right in the lip of the forge valve, so im considering using a one-off crimp thing to seat it properly.

SamS3

Just thought id reply so anyone who has this issue can try what I did.

Turned out to be a faulty MAF. Thanks to the guys at JKM in Hampshire for finding this whilst installing a Revo trial. :D

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise