Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

Kieth O'Dor

Discussion in 'Motorsport News and Discussion' started by Empi5, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Empi5

Empi5 Your scaring me.......

I started following BTCC when i purchased my Leon back in 2005. There is still alot of details that I have missed prior to it catching my interest.

Reading the YRC newsletter, and in particular the interview with the Doc, he mentioned the family of Kieth O'Dor.

After googling Kieth, he was a touring car driver that in 1995 was tragically killed at the Avus Circuit in Berlin. He hit the wall hard, which spun him round and left him vunerable to oncoming traffic, and as he was driving a right hand drive car, he took the full impact by Frank Biela.

This is safe for work as it only shows the car impact.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3fWlVZ0mAI

Does anyone remember him ?

2. RobDon

RobDon Pro Detailer

I remember him yes. Was a strange crash as it seemed that Frank Beila had plenty of time to avoid him, but maybe he didn't?

3. alexj124

alexj124 Full Member

i dont remember it, but looking at the crash it does look like he had plenty of time to stop considering the exact same audi behind him stopped on a sixpence

4. IainW

I remember him well. He was the first BTCC driver I got the autograph of. A really quick driver, he was fearless. He had a lot of massive shunts in his time too I remember, especially the one where he vaulted the catch fencing at the Craner Curves at Donington! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOYOBHL0d3M

He was also Jason Plato's cousin.

#4 IainW, Jun 2, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2010
  5. Empi5

Empi5 Your scaring me.......

I will have a further look into his career. Im sure there are many more, that dont get a mention.

6. Doodle@MAU

Doodle@MAU Guest

From the looks of the footage, Biela isn't braking much to start with because he's expecting the Nissan to keep rotating and pass it on his left...using the standard mantra of approaching a spinning car "aim for where they are, because by the time you get there they won't be"

However, because the rear left is all smashed up, it's dragging and slows the Nissan down, placing it right in his path instead...he realises this and slams on but by then it's too late.