Knockhill - LIVE

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
LIVE Race 2 on ITV4 now.

Congratulations to Darren Turner who won Race 1 earlier today, Plato took 3rd after a late race incident cost Giovarnardi the 3rd position. Gio came together with Tom Onslow Cole.

SEAT have caught up well in the manufacturers title too, after Chilton failed to finish the race for VX.

Plato now has 10 point advantage over Gio in the championship.

Race 2 LIVE NOW.

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
Unfortunate coming together in race 1....muhaha.
Plato still carrying 45kilos in race 2 ? he looks really slow on the straights conceding away two places.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Unfortunate coming together in race 1....muhaha.
Plato still carrying 45kilos in race 2 ? he looks really slow on the straights conceding away two places.

Nah Plato is carrying 3rd place ballast. But to be honest he's struggled with the car all weekend. :shrug: But it needs more power for the drag up the hill.

Darren looking good for a second win, fingers crossed.

Timthebrief

Barmy Army sleeper cell
Good results so far. I think Jason used his brain and let "dodgem car" Flash have some free shots at Gio in Race 2. Safer than letting him ram you from behind :blink:

-Here's hoping he can keep in front in race 3.

Great coverage of Liam in the SCC race. Sounds as if the commentators rate him as a future prospect.

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
please be aware!!!!

changing channels between races,and having an 8 year old come in asking for money and telling you she is off to her mates house will confuse you.

halfway through the repeat of race two i realised i was having a case of de ja vou.

not before commenting on how like race 2 race 3 was going. i was slightly embarrassed :lol:

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
sing after me

Tom Chilton Couldn't Drive A Milk Float,tom Chilton Couldn't Drive A Milk Float,tom Chilton Couldn't Drive A Milk Float,tom Chilton Couldn't Drive A Milk Float,tom Chilton Couldn't Drive A Milk Float,tom Chilton Couldn't Drive A Milk Float,tom Chilton Couldn't Drive A Milk Float,tom Chilton Couldn't Drive A Milk Float,tom Chilton Couldn't Drive A Milk Float,

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Superb day, and a brilliant result for SEAT. Just what we needed going to Thruxton.

The triple is still well and truly on the cards. :D

Thruxton will be a blinder.

chriswilks

Astra CDTi track car
Jun 3, 2007
warrington cheshire
Tom Chilton Couldn't Drive A Milk Float,tom Chilton Couldn't Drive A Milk Float,tom Chilton Couldn't Drive A Milk Float,tom Chilton Couldn't Drive A Milk Float,tom Chilton Couldn't Drive A Milk Float,tom Chilton Couldn't Drive A Milk Float,tom Chilton Couldn't Drive A Milk Float,tom Chilton Couldn't Drive A Milk Float,tom Chilton Couldn't Drive A Milk Float,

:lol: he could but he would crash it!!!!aparently vauxhall have signed a house brick to drive for them next year.........it can only be an improvement!!!lol!:lol:

Chez

Dec 29, 2002
Edinburgh
Visit site
Thats us just back from a great weekend at Knockhill, and for a change- IT STAYED DRY!

My fiance and i enjoyed the hospitality of Seat Sport, enjoying a nice breakfast and roast beef lunch, yum! and met Jason and Darren.

Good results for the guys and the team and a good weekend of close racing.

CupraTDI_Rob

2004 Leon Cupra TDI
Jun 26, 2007
Colchester, Essex
Great results for SEAT today. The drivers title is going to be super close, i reckon it will go down to the third race at Thruxton. The Leon has the best chassis which will help around the fast sweeping corners but i worry about the straight line pace, especially in qualifying and race 1 with max ballast.
Hopefully JP will come out on top though.
Only a few points behind Vauxhall in the manufacturers as well.

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Great results for Seat today, as Mark says, will make a Thruxton a cracker.

But can someone answer me this,

The move Gio made a Brands which knocked Jordan off, and ended up with Gio having points on his racing licence but no exclusion. Yet a incident today involving Onslow Cole saw him getting excluded from the race, which in my opinion was no worse than Gio. Who decides this and why is there no consistency,

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
There never is any consistency when it comes to that sort of thing, but I won't get my soapbox out just now, I'm too tired. :p

Good to see DT get two well deserved wins. Glad Shedden got what he deserved in race one as well. Too many times he dives down the inside of the car in front, then clatters then as he passes and shoves them off the road. About time he had that happen. I was getting funny looks from the locals for cheering on whoever was battling with him, but then I was outside Halfords hospitality, which probably didn't help. :D Race three was rubbish. Not a lot happened and the result was a bit of a fix......:blink:

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
Why cant seat get a little more power out of the leon though?
The leon series was fun too watching the mk1s sitting alongside the mk2 barges.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Why cant seat get a little more power out of the leon though?
The leon series was fun too watching the mk1s sitting alongside the mk2 barges.

Not really sure, it seems to struggle with a lack of lowdown torque, it wasn't exactly slow at Thruxton earlier in the year, but hills seem to kill it. I don't think it's any less powerful than other engines in the series, its just where the engine delivers its power that is the problem. They have strict guidelines on what they can rev to as far as I am aware.

They have struggled with it in WTCC too. Though SEAT Sport (Spain) have said they intend to continue development of the petrol engine as well as the diesel. The real reason is that SEAT Sport (Spain) didn't really develop the car enough over the winter. SEAT Sport UK rely heavily on the spanish to develop the car that they run here.

Those barges were almost 2 laps up on the R class by the end of the race :cartman:

Last edited:

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
Dont be so protective Z :D Id still love to see the mk2 get better torque and stick it to the hondas etc as they are reknowned for lack of torque yet they were very capable looking yesterday...perhaps not their steering though!

Muzorewa

¡Muchas gracias señores!
Aug 6, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
Some pics here, some more on the other Knockhill thread.....

Dscf6901.jpg

Dscf6899.jpg

Dscf6894.jpg

Dscf6873.jpg

Dscf6872.jpg

Dscf6849.jpg

Dscf6848.jpg

Dscf6846.jpg

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Dont be so protective Z :D Id still love to see the mk2 get better torque and stick it to the hondas etc as they are reknowned for lack of torque yet they were very capable looking yesterday...perhaps not their steering though!

Im not being overly protective, the engine is no doubt holding them back and it shows. They have also had much more luck this season than they got last season. So that helps

I was referring to the Cupra Championship btw where the Mk2 Leons were almost 2 laps up on the Leon R cars. As they should be, better handling cars with more power.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.