ko3s fitted.....bored :(

peter_cupra197

Jun 29, 2008
cambridgeshire
as above really fitted ko3s upgrade couple of weeks ago and wishing i had gone bigger :cry: basically just wondered what surrounding parts i would need to upgrade it to gt2x from ko3s etc. thanks

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
why not just hybrid the k03s...

all the way,,,,none of this laggy cak

picking my ko3s up today then will be sent of asap to CRT for hybrid build

then il need

lcr tip
lcr injectors
3inch maf houseing
bigger filter
got a 4bar fpr sitting in the draw
maby change the manifold for the ths on not sure yet on that one tho
got the milteck turbo back full system and a forge fmic

then it will just need the appropriate maping witch i realy cant decide weather to let jaba do it or take it to bill,,,,,this is all going ahead just cant wait to get it done now

Last edited:

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
all the way,,,,none of this laggy cak

picking my ko3s up today then will be sent of asap to CRT for hybrid build

then il need

lcr tip
lcr injectors
3inch maf houseing
bigger filter
got a 4bar fpr sitting in the draw
maby change the manifold for the ths on not sure yet on that one tho
got the milteck turbo back full system and a forge fmic

then it will just need the appropriate maping witch i realy cant decide weather to let jaba do it or take it to bill,,,,,this is all going ahead just cant wait to get it done now

Nice you`ll love it :thumbup:

Change the exhasut many to how high flow item for best results, dont forget you`ll need a uprated fuel pump i run the lcr pump for my hybrid.

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
fuel pump i new there was something i was missing are they dear mate,where did you get yours from

what do you think benny jabba or bil for the maping on this

thing is im not far away from jabba but ive heard bill can work some magic on this set up

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
fuel pump i new there was something i was missing are they dear mate,where did you get yours from

what do you think benny jabba or bil for the maping on this

thing is im not far away from jabba but ive heard bill can work some magic on this set up

Lcr pump was £189+vat from the dealers IIRC.

I can only vouch for what i have got which is Bills map, This is a msg from Bill when he was ampping mine.

221g/s out of yours, 1.4bar at 6krpm good enough for ya?
spikes to 1.7bar, then drops from there.
goes pretty well.

same high airflow I see from k04 stage 2 LCR's - very respectable, and none of the GT2x crappy lag.

Speaks for its self, shes goes very well!

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
Lcr pump was £189+vat from the dealers IIRC.

I can only vouch for what i have got which is Bills map, This is a msg from Bill when he was ampping mine.

221g/s out of yours, 1.4bar at 6krpm good enough for ya?
spikes to 1.7bar, then drops from there.
goes pretty well.

same high airflow I see from k04 stage 2 LCR's - very respectable, and none of the GT2x crappy lag.

Speaks for its self, shes goes very well!

:-o wow thats realy realy good god i bet that sinks you back in the seat duno if jabba could do that...

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
:-o wow thats realy realy good god i bet that sinks you back in the seat duno if jabba could do that...

It certinatly does pin you back.

Managed to keep in front of a tuned STI ver9 on my runway, tuned to what i dont know but it had huge brakes and a massive FMIC lol.

Its good fun!

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
should have all the bits by the end of the summer im hopeing

think im gunna try fit it all my self,,,gunna ask cupra20 nicely if he could give me a hand....top bloke is that chap :D....

recon bill could be seeing my car soon :)

what clutch set up you running benny??

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
as above really fitted ko3s upgrade couple of weeks ago and wishing i had gone bigger :cry: basically just wondered what surrounding parts i would need to upgrade it to gt2x from ko3s etc. thanks

like i said peter with you set up you should have taken it ti jabba i dont think you would have been quite so board

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
hybrid can be worked using a ko3 (on the mk3 ibiza cupra) or a ko3s that you find on the leon cupra and audi tt (180bhp versions). It uses ko4 internals and some bits from the rs6 turbo.

Plenty of info on this if you search. Look in badger5's section, there is a sticky on it

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
what clutch set up you running benny??

VR6 - G60 setup:)

mates, are you talking about the k04-001 ? What kind of hybrid ?

No not a ko4-001

Converted from your old k03 or k03s depending on condition.

This is what happens to the inside and out of the turbo when sent to CRT for hybird treatment.

''Mark says'' I would plan to use the shaft, CHRA, and comp wheel from the Audi RS6 turbo, this gives us the largest combination of wheels in the K04 range, we then machine out your Turbine housing to make the shaft fit, we take the comp cover from a larger turbo eg Audi TT then weld the elbow from yours on to it so the actuator fits and to keep the turbo pipework fitting as original.

280-290bhp with the same torque is achievable once correct mods are in place and mapped.

Hoping to get mine RR`d in a couple of weeks.

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members