Apr 5, 2011
Lincolnshire
not much of a story so far but here goes
pics from the dealer
p4pb7474253.jpg

p4pb7474254.jpg

then fitted a set of prism led sidelights
DSCF7657.jpg

tempted to change them to amber ones to look like us-spec marker lights ?

other plans are
take the stealer/sportrider stickers off
plans are led interior/boot and plate lights
night breakers up front
subtle lows so wheels sit in the arch's rather then under them
then we'll see where it goes from there

Last edited:

Krash

Duck just kicked in Yo!
Apr 5, 2011
Lincolnshire
So got pulled by the plod this morning, to tell me my plate lights were out, so waited for daylight and had a look
4e903543-a1c1-b1b2.jpg

Connectors are made from monkey metal and been crushed by the holder so buy cheap buy twice and all that
So after a quick trip to halfords decided on these after being impressed with how my sidelights were holding up
4e903543-a40e-a864.jpg

ha2020

Nov 17, 2011
Leeds
thats coming along very nicely, how about Cupra splitter ?, i'm jealous you have the rear bumper I want !. Cannot find it anywhere, believe its the cupra model and fr 2007 + models that do them, may be wrong though

Krash

Duck just kicked in Yo!
Apr 5, 2011
Lincolnshire
thats coming along very nicely, how about Cupra splitter ?, i'm jealous you have the rear bumper I want !. Cannot find it anywhere, believe its the cupra model and fr 2007 + models that do them, may be wrong though

its on the list as it looks bare without one
the bumpers are the main reason i got it but i still want an aero one on the front like yours

should have some heko wind deflectors soon then its off to have the exhaust done with something to better fill the bumper gap, also noticed the laminx'd fogs have started pealing so going take the film off then have them painted with stained glass paint

DSC_4467 by Ashley Krohnen, on Flickr

Last edited:

ha2020

Nov 17, 2011
Leeds
its on the list as it looks bare without one
the bumpers are the main reason i got it but i still want an aero one on the front like yours

should have some heko wind deflectors soon then its off to have the exhaust done with something to better fill the bumper gap, also noticed the laminx'd fogs have started pealing so going take the film off then have them painted with stained glass paint

PHP:

Nice and yeh wind deflectors make a bid difference IMO, ah so stained glass paint will do the trick ? Where can I get it mate ? . And id go with the oval tip exhaust :D but thats just me lol, also how you finding the 1.4 performance wise ?

Krash

Duck just kicked in Yo!
Apr 5, 2011
Lincolnshire
PHP:

Nice and yeh wind deflectors make a bid difference IMO, ah so stained glass paint will do the trick ? Where can I get it mate ? . And id go with the oval tip exhaust :D but thats just me lol, also how you finding the 1.4 performance wise ?
any craft shop should sell it or just search on ebay, yeah itle have an oval tip like a cupra, performance wise its ok i came from a 55bhp polo so its a heap loads quicker then that with slightly better mpg so win win although already wanting more power and wish id got a tdi

ha2020

Nov 17, 2011
Leeds
any craft shop should sell it or just search on ebay, yeah itle have an oval tip like a cupra, performance wise its ok i came from a 55bhp polo so its a heap loads quicker then that with slightly better mpg so win win although already wanting more power and wish id got a tdi

Ah thanks :) and true, I wanted the 1.8t but insurance
Would of cost two arms and two legs, just wait till
I'm 21 I suppose, also are yOu interested in lowering springs mate ?

Krash

Duck just kicked in Yo!
Apr 5, 2011
Lincolnshire
yh insurance was my concern nearly doubled when i changed it to this but now i have 1yncb its more then halved going from £204 pm to £93
lows are also in the works but next few months are heavy on the pay packet so only little mods till there out the way, dont want to be too low unless its bagged, though as had the polo on coilies and went through 3 subframes in a year

Krash

Duck just kicked in Yo!
Apr 5, 2011
Lincolnshire
looked into a bolt on tip for the exhaust, just over £35, then rang ppt exhausts in louth, will make me a custom ss oval tip for £45-£50, so its booked in on 28th

Krash

Duck just kicked in Yo!
Apr 5, 2011
Lincolnshire
The new interior bulbs look bright as fook! Haha, where can i get me some? Was it a difficult thing to do?
super easy job just pries the plastic cover off and swap the bulbs
i got mine from ebay for a few quid for 2, recommend can-bus ones tho as these never completely go out just dim when the doors are shut, just search 42mm festoon led

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members