Kubica Rally Crash....

JU5 2 SLY

Mike
Dec 12, 2006
Slough
Such a shame, couldn't believe it when i heard the news this morning. I'm watching the polish tv as they keep updating the news, if it hadn't been for the crash barrier there, which also split, he would have walked away with bruises only. His co-driver was fine. I've met him a few times, really good guy. Hope he gets the best treatment and got all my fingers crossed.
Latest is that he will be in theater until 7pm.

M87NER

MATNER
Mar 11, 2007
Stoke-on-Trent
sounds like a complicated number of fractures, potentially complicated by titanium rods in his arm from a previous road crash.

Lets hope that the initial reoports make it sound worse than it is and he recovers quickly.

Lets hope so, one radio station said that they would possible need to amputate! - that was this morning, so fingers crossed this does not need to be.

old 'uns

Modern Life is Rubbish...
Mar 20, 2003
walsall
Visit site
ouch!
maybe Renault were right to try to stop him Rallying before then? was it the IRC Monte last year & he became the 0 or 00 car?
what possesses someone highly paid to try a 'brain out' form of driving before the F1 season starts and not the end?

Feb 26, 2009
London
just read, they finished operation. Surgeons hope they will save his right arm that was badly crashed. It's looks very doubtful he will race this year. It's quite interesting that Renault boss doesn't have a major problem with the fact Kubica had this crash while racing in rally car. But maybe he just doesn't want to be an ass while he's in such a condition

JU5 2 SLY

Mike
Dec 12, 2006
Slough
I know what you mean old un's, right before the season is about to start. But he loves his rally and really good at it. He has a lot of rally experience and wouldn't have tried anything risky. Although he was driving in his new Skoda which he hasn't driven or tested very much.
Doctors just finshed operating on his hand putting it back together and they will have to wait a few days to see if it will be sucessful. Lets hope so

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Looks touch and go whether Kubica will keep his hand at the moment, he's certainly got the fight of his life ahead of him.

At best he's out for at least a year, at worst he may lose the use of his hand then his F1 career is most likely over, and that is tragic because he was certainly a future champion in the making.

Video below of his surgeon speaking to the press.

http://adamcooperf1.com/2011/02/06/video-kubica-surgeon-explains-operation/

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Though I wish Kubica the speediest of recoveries, the Question now is will Lotus Renault go with Senna longterm in the car or look for someone with Kubica's experience to fill the void.

The name Senna linked with a black and gold Lotus is certainly going to catch the fans psyche.

I personally believe they need an experienced head in the lead car though.

Craig Senior

I've been Tango'd
May 24, 2004
Yorkshire
Though I wish Kubica the speediest of recoveries, the Question now is will Lotus Renault go with Senna longterm in the car or look for someone with Kubica's experience to fill the void.

The name Senna linked with a black and gold Lotus is certainly going to catch the fans psyche.

I personally believe they need an experienced head in the lead car though.

Couldn't agree more, I believe Petrov was only retained this year because they had Kubica (The Russian money would have helped a bit as well)

Petrov isn't a team leader, neither is Senna, be interesting to see where they go now if he doesn't come back soon.

Hope things work out for Kubica though, it would be a great loss to F1 if he doesn't return to the grid. Get well soon Robert.

JU5 2 SLY

Mike
Dec 12, 2006
Slough
News said that Robert has moved his fingers and has talked to his family, but docs have put him into a sleep to aid his recovery for another 24hrs. They had to fight for his life before they operated on him as he lost about 5/6 liters of blood and a lot of internal bleeding. In a few days they will operate on his fractured shoulder and elbow. Also there's something about his hip. He hit the armco at 150kph.
I hope everything goes well and a sucessful rehabilitation, he's a strong guy.
here's a video of him before he jumps in the car:
http://www.tvn24.pl/-1,1691953,0,1,...tografy-i-smial-sie-z-kolegami,wiadomosc.html
http://www.tvn24.pl/12694,1691909,0,1,rozbity-samochod-kubicy-sekundy-po-wypadku,wiadomosc.html
good site, go to the home page, excellent footage, continious news and you can always use google translate!

a856

very lucky chap, if it were 10years ago i dont think he wouldn't of survived the crash

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.