L C Charles - Crewe

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Just thougt id say, how impressed I was with some warranty work carried out by L C Charles. Nothing major, just niggly rattles. I purchased the car from another Dealer about a month ago, but this didnt cause a problem with having the work done here. Its been in twice actually, the first time, a couple of problems were rectified by the Mechanic, a courtesy call was made by the mechanic, who told me that the wipers had also been repaired !

Second time, once again, all repaired ok, the car now runs rattle free. The staff were helpful and courteous. I was very impressed.

And finally the luvvvly lady on service desk made it all worth while, makes me want to invent more warranty issues !!!!!!!......

black_magic

Empi5 said:
luvly lady on reception as well !!!!!

That will be katie, she's very polite :)

I like LC Charles they look after you and your car. They always look after us both and our cars :thumbup: :D

sicasey

FR Derv Power
Jul 24, 2005
Cheshire
The place is run by a bunch of kids. Long story - i will try to make it short......

First off - i signed for the car on a sunday, went back the following weekend to sort other stuff out and found out they were doing a special deal for that weekend were you would get 3 years free servicing or £500 worth of extras if you bought a car. I was well p****d off that the salesman hadnt told me about this offer and if i had waited a few days i could have taken part in this very usefull deal. I went to see the sales manager who was an absolute tit and started being very aggresive. I wrote a formal complaint to the MD and did not get a reply. When i went back (read below) i was told by the salesmen how they laughed at my letter of complaint! Could'nt believe it.

Origionally i Bought an FR 20VT, far too expensive to fuel with the ammount of miles i do so within 2 weeks and using the Seat 30 days return policy i took it back to swap (for extra money) an FR TDi. They were having none of it at first and all became a ball ache.

Thus i will never give the garage a penny more of my hard earned cash! Just had the car serviced at IMG Seat Warrington - small outfit but very helpfull, excellent.

black_magic

I recently received a invoice off them charging £200.00 for a new windscreen!
I have written to them and advised I will not be paying, as by law there insurance should cover the damage. I also know that a new windscreen does not cost as much as that and I have also spoken to ather garages (inc Seat) and have been advised that this is covered.

LC Charles told me I need to pay the damage for the windscreen 2 months later.

I know longer have faith in LC Charles and they lost out on my 40,000 service and my up coming 50,000 mile service too.

Last edited by a moderator:

sicasey

FR Derv Power
Jul 24, 2005
Cheshire
Makes me feel better that other people have also had bad experiences with them, the only bonus is that they seem to have the largest selection of used Cupras/FR's i have ever seen. Shame i will never buy another car from them again. Any one else thinking of going to the garage please take note.

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Thats probably due to the Bentley Scheme, where Employees benefit from cheap Seat Cars and then trade em in for a new one.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
If you can't be constructive in critisism, ie not ranting, swearing, insulting, then don't post at all.

I'll remove these posts, if you have an issue, I suggest making comments on the forum, less of a rant, and just be factual. And as for the receptionist slur. :censored:

An ADDITION.

Now i've got more time to actually reflect. We don't want anyone to feel they can not critisise a dealer, or any other service they received that they were less than impressed with.

But please be CONSTRUCTIVE, in that i mean, don't RANT, or let fly with expletives and insults.

We are a public soapbox, for you to make use of, but we are not here as a medium for you to send out a tirade of anonymous insults and defamation.

If you do that expect to see your posts hit the wastebin.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2004
Manchester
Initially impressed with my 40k service, early in December. Managed to fit me in at short notice and give me use of a car so I could stay on the road for work.

However they were supposed to change my electric window switch, with it having failied for a second time. Said it would be in stock within 3 days after my service, and they'd call me when it was in. A week later no phone calls, so I phoned them, said they'd call me back when they knew. No phone calls back. Phoned them again around Christmas time, still not ordered the switch assembly into stock, again they said they'd call when it arrived in.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2004
Manchester
Its now getting on for the end of January, and I've called them another 2 times to see where it is, keep getting passed between the parts department and the service desk, and its still not turned up. Still no call backs when they said they would.

Dont know whats going on there, but wont be using them again, going to get my problem solved elsewhere, along with future services and future car purchases.

Last edited:

Myles

Jun 22, 2004
Carterton, Oxon
Empi5 said:
Just thougt id say, how impressed I was with some warranty work carried out by L C Charles. Nothing major, just niggly rattles. I purchased the car from another Dealer about a month ago, but this didnt cause a problem with having the work done here. Its been in twice actually, the first time, a couple of problems were rectified by the Mechanic, a courtesy call was made by the mechanic, who told me that the wipers had also been repaired !

Second time, once again, all repaired ok, the car now runs rattle free. The staff were helpful and courteous. I was very impressed.

And finally the luvvvly lady on service desk made it all worth while, makes me want to invent more warranty issues !!!!!!!......
As a slight change of tack, where were the rattles, and did the spanner monkeys tell you how they got rid of them, for future reference?

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Paul TDI said:
Its now getting on for the end of January, and I've called them another 2 times to see where it is, keep getting passed between the parts department and the service desk, and its still not turned up. Still no call backs when they said they would.

Dont know whats going on there, but wont be using them again, going to get my problem solved elsewhere, along with future services and future car purchases.

Paul, its worth trying Premier Seat in Leek, ive had nothing but good experiences from them.

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Myles said:
As a slight change of tack, where were the rattles, and did the spanner monkeys tell you how they got rid of them, for future reference?

1. Ist rattle was the 6Disc Changer, they changed the Cassette
2. 2nd rattle was the Wiper Linkage - I assume they changed the whole unit
3. 3rd rattle was the common one, just above the Steering wheel, which never goes, there is plent of info on here about how people have tried to rectify this.

Myles

Jun 22, 2004
Carterton, Oxon
Empi5 said:
1. Ist rattle was the 6Disc Changer, they changed the Cassette
2. 2nd rattle was the Wiper Linkage - I assume they changed the whole unit
3. 3rd rattle was the common one, just above the Steering wheel, which never goes, there is plent of info on here about how people have tried to rectify this.
I have managed to get rid of the rattling around the steering wheel by just adjusting the steering wheel in both directions, then finding a comfortable position again. Seemed to do the trick. The real sh!t is the rattling glovebox door!

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Myles said:
I have managed to get rid of the rattling around the steering wheel by just adjusting the steering wheel in both directions, then finding a comfortable position again. Seemed to do the trick. The real sh!t is the rattling glovebox door!

Hmm, do you have the 6disc changer ?, if so take the cassette out and see if that stops it !

Myles

Jun 22, 2004
Carterton, Oxon
Empi5 said:
Hmm, do you have the 6disc changer ?, if so take the cassette out and see if that stops it !
Its definitely the glovebox door, because I lean across and push it in when I am traversing bumpy roads, that cures it!! (Dangerous practice and not recommended;) )

Apr 2, 2004
Manchester
Empi5 said:
Paul, its worth trying Premier Seat in Leek, ive had nothing but good experiences from them.

Cheers, but its booked into IMG next week, they are quite a bit closer than Leek. Lady seemed very helpful on the phone too, no passing me off between departments, and all sorted with one short phonecall, which made a nice change :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.