L C Charles - Crewe

carlt69

Jan 6, 2006
Bad experience with LC Charles

Hi

I bought my Leon Cupra 20VT from LC Charles in December. I had to travel over 120 miles to view it and then get it.

I had the usual when we were haggling over the price and they did take over 10mins to knock the last £45 off!!!

When I went there the second time to pick up the car I had been promised that the car would have "a team of 6 professional valeters" who will make sure the car will cleaned thoroughly and that it would have had its first service. Well after travelling for 3hours I finally got there, the car wasn't serviced and if they had profeesionaly valeted it then the should be ashamed of themselves because I did a better job myself with a hoover and some cockpit shine.

When I pointed out that it hadn't been serviced there was lots of running around and pointing at the car and at one point I was asked if I wouldn't mind bringing the car back another day!! In the end the did service it there and then, but in my personal opinion I would never use them again or buy another car there as they new how far I had travelled and they new I had to be back home by 5pm to pick up my daughter.

It's the little things that count when buying a car like when a dealer actually stands by his words.

SteveH

NOT IMPRESSED

Popped in today as I was heading past and I am currently looking to purchase a Leon Cupra TDI or FR TDI so thought I would have a look.

Walked around looking at the cars and they had a leon FR TDI with 13995 in the front window but on the side window with the description it was priced at 12995 and a lad comes out and asks if he can help - Great I thought.

I asked him if he could confirm the price of the Leon FR tdi around the corner -

He asks which one ? I am thinking there is only one so we walk around the corner ( Showroom is all glass you can see it anyway ) and he points to the Cupra R at which point I showed him the correct car.

He asks if I would like him to get the keys to have a look inside after confirming the price of 12995 " It's a special offer "

After waiting outside in the cold for 15 minutes for him to get me the keys I got in my car and drove off.

So not only was I left waiting outside in the cold for the keys the sales guy doesn't know his products and the cars was a mess the alloys must have been cleaned in the dark and the front tyres would need to be changed as soon as it was purchased.

uzzy

Run In!
Aug 8, 2006
Stone, Staffordshire
Thumbs Up

My recent experience has been quite good. Bought a 56 plate FR Leon TFSI in Lunar with 18's. Very helpful at all stages of the sale and I got to see the car as it came off the transporter. However as I came to pickup on the 1st Sept I noticed a dent in the drivers door, small but you don't expect dints from new. Anyway was promised it would be sorted the following week.
Headed up to the lakes for the weekend and to take it for a run and it was great. Got back on the Sunday eager to wash the beast and of all people my wife spots another dent in the driver’s wing. Now I was very careful with the car in the lakes, parked at a B&B where nobody could walk past on the drivers side and didn't move it. I can only think I was concentrating so much on the door dent I couldn’t see the wood for the trees. Anyway went to the dealers on the Monday and they actually agreed to do both dents even though we didn't spot the second.

So it’s a thumbs up for LC Charles, got the car sorted yesterday and now you can't even tell they were ever there. I was going to tdrive with them and go a do a quick one on the Internet, but I’m actually glad I went with the dealer now, if this had happened with an Internet supplied car there would have been real hassle.

Jan 22, 2007
some may say lala land....
Thumbs Up

Took in for 40k service, (£60 cheaper than barlows in wolverhampton), and new bumper.
They called to say service book hadn't shown the brake fluid had ever been changed and were doing that (£51.85inc VAT).
The bumper when removed noticed that black steel? safety bar was also dented and pushed back. Mechanic said he didn't want to finish until i had seen and decided what i wanted doing. He suggested a replacement as weak point and bumper wouldn't sit straight upon it, Said replace, which wasn't easy, as saturday and not in stock. Gave me a courtesy car so i can get home and to work.

Find out today if i can pickup. So far so good.

[edit]
Mind you they at least 5 sales staff doing nothing except chatting and only the 1 service guy, Ian, on duty who seemed to be the only one working. Receptionist was nice.
[/edit]

Jonto

Mar 29, 2005
Newcastle under Lyme
THUMBS Down

Nearly bought an Leon FR TDI off them.

Salesman was terrible and tried to con me with regards to the finance.

When i was also looking for an Ibiza TDI Sport, after driving 30 mins to look at it they sold it under my nose.

Terrible garage. Premier in Stoke are slightly better, but IMG in Warrington always got my business.

neeleyveeley

Eyed Beauty
Mar 9, 2004
Midlands
Visit site
Been a while since I've posted on these here forums but went into this garage on Saturday morning for a browse of the new Cupra and I'm also interested in the FR for my next car due to my diesel constraint from now on.

The best thing was that all the sales guys left me alone to look:shrug: around and I mean they never said a word to me the whole time I was inside, I even found the brochure myself. However the questions I had went unanswered and it seems they have a policy of ignoring the customer:doh: in the hope they'll just go away - so I did and given my experience with Seat it seems that there are still only a small number of dealers that seem to have interest in the customer and even the cars - shame really given that they have a great product to sell.....

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
I use LC Charles for certain servicing and warranty all of which have been fine with no problems, But I have noticed when im in there, the Sales team seem to be young lads and doesnt make a good atmosphere for buying a car.

the old man

Jun 20, 2007
thumbs up from me
Got good service and a good deal when we bought two leons off them in May. Found me a new FRtdi in black in a week and got a 1.6 with sportpack in a week. cars delivered as an when promised, clean and tidy.Got good deals on two non seat part exes both with "issues".
Test drives arranged efficiently and they even got a 1.6 from stock and regitered it for us . My daughter test drove the 1.6 and they even arranged for a female to accompany her.
They are a young team but they handled our enquiries well.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.