L8W FR - FR550 - Stage 2 - Hybrid Turbo to be fitted, Air Ride, Brembo 6pots

dannyboi91

Jun 23, 2014
Scotland, Fife
Thought I saw your car tbh ha. I was driving the black FR. Might get myself a set of the coilovers as well. Was going to go for sportlines but if you can get coilies for the same price then worth a go.

L8W FR

Aug 20, 2014

Gave the car a quick clean at the weekend, and decided to remove parts instead of adding parts! no more rear wiper or "LEON" badge.

L8W FR

Aug 20, 2014

I washed the car less than 24 hours ago.. guess that's the joys of the recent changes!

Had the car in at EcoTune in Scotland, EGR delete from Darkside EGR cooler delete, DPF delete and Stage 2 remap done, need to wait till Monday coming for a print out on the rollers as the car currently has a boost leak still and a faulty actuator! which are both booked in to be fixed on Monday.

Last edited:

L8W FR

Aug 20, 2014
Anyone had their turbo actuator diaphragm blanked off leaving the swirl flaps on the turbo constantly open?

Had the car in for the actuator to be fixed, however the garage completely took it away and blanked it off, never heard of this happening before so was rather unsure.

Car still has a boost leak from somewhere so ordered up a new FMIC from darkside performance and also new boost pipes in yellow, hopefully they arrive on Friday as planned.

L8W FR

Aug 20, 2014

Bought a new FMIC and Boost pipes from Darkside to replace the standard ones! I know the standard FMIC is good for 300Bhp however I have a bad boost leak I can't pinpoint so to be safe I though it would be best to replace it all with upgraded parts for the long run.

L8W FR

Aug 20, 2014
00913DDE-51A7-479E-8BF3-0CFDBBDECEB3_zpsmavncxlp.jpg

Triple R rear diffuser

FMIC and boost pipes all fitted

And back box deleted and replaced with this which a friend made up for me...

78B57651-C198-4DD1-A679-6B59814D1C25_zpsfrmvrr4o.jpg

L8W FR

Aug 20, 2014
So how's it driving with that done then? May do similar!

Sorry mate, it wasn't the actuator, it was the diaphragm they removed and the swirl flaps, means it's constantly open and also means the diaphragms isn't there to burst again or the swirl flaps coming out and ruining the turbo.

L8W FR

Aug 20, 2014

Diffuser on think it needs more work to get it sitting perfect, sits too far out at the sides for my liking.

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Liking the diffuser the more I see them fitted. Think a few people have modified them slightly to get it to fit flush.

How is the new tailpipe?

L8W FR

Aug 20, 2014
New tailpipe is nice, whistles a lot though, think it's due to it having an elbow and now a Y piece splitting the 2 pipes. Will try to get a video of it on idle, and under load.

L8W FR

Aug 20, 2014
The is the car literally screaming due to the Mufflerectomy, I want more of a grunt from
It and not the scream..

L8W FR

Aug 20, 2014
Yeah The exhaust does turn heads, not sure wither thats a good or bad thing..

Recent purchase, from me, to me, Merry Christmas haha..
CECDC7E7-650D-441C-A75B-C605ABD033E5.png_zpsctd4ijwz.jpeg

FFFA8D19-8F9D-44B9-B0EA-FFB8CE35A7B1_zpsojrxthjp.jpg

Awaiting on the kit being delivered, specs are:

Slam series XL struts and twin bellow bags
dual compressors
5 Gallon skinny tank
V2 management
etc etc

Also... Porsche Cayenne wheels, tyres and adapters have been put up for sale, need the cash to put towards new wheels.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members