1. Hi Guest. We've recently updated our forum rules. Please take some time to review them. You can read the new rules here
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

Lack of power.

Discussion in 'Mk2 Ibiza/Cordoba FAQ's (6K) 1993-1999' started by Ches94, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Ches94

Ches94 Active Member

Here's the issue, car will run fine and boost perfectly. After awhile once heated under acceleration the car lags as if it's missing no longer boosts as well as let's off a couple pops when letting off, this carries on constantly till I come to a stop and turn the engine off.
    Problem really is the turbo doesn't seem to kick in.
    At first I thought it was missing but holding the clutch in it will rev freely throughout the range.

Running stock map with decat, forge recirc valve and cone filter. Maybe this could be the cause. Checked stored faults found fault with turbo solenoid, idle mixture rich another rich mixture fault and lambda sensor fault (from decat).

Turn the recirc valve round the wrong way and it runs fine, just not healthy for the turbo obviously..

Remapping in a month or so. Or should o do it sooner due to running rich?

#1 Ches94, Oct 28, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
  2. bete noir

bete noir Green Meanie

I think you need to post this in the mk4 Ibiza section.

3. Ches94

Ches94 Active Member

Yeah I sort of realised afterwards I put it in the wrong one. Haha. Unsure how to delete this thread though..