Lacquer Peel

wilfster

Mar 6, 2010
Or even "lack appeal". I've done well up to now, just the plastic roof gutter strips flaking until the rear spoiler crazed completely overnight!

I just need a couple of pointers from the loads of you guys that have gone through this already.

1. Do you just prise out the gutter strips? Are they just a push fit in the channels or are they held in with adhesive?

2. I understand that relacquering the old base coat is a bad idea. I'm planning to lightly flat down the old base coat, apply a new thin basecoat, then lacquer. I'm not planning to use a primer because that would then need a heavier basecoat before lacquering. Does this sound OK to you?

I'm pretty handy with an aerosol and will get proper stuff matched by a paint supplier.

Ta.

Matt21

Apr 21, 2017
Kidderminster
To be fair I wouldn't bother with aerosol can (wanky cans) I'd flat it all down re prime what you need to and then base and lacquer, rather do the job once and do it right a 2 pack lacquer would be a lot better than a single pack in any case but that's just me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
Is it the rear spoiler you're talking about? Your best option would be to remove it, sand it down to the primer yourself and take it into a bodyshop. That'll cost you about £100 and it will obviously look brand new.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members