Lacquer problems - not on Brembo's

skidder

BERK! FEED ME
Aug 9, 2006
Aberdeen
I have done a search and found there have been lacquer problems with Brembo's on the LCR and obviously when there are stone chips on the bonnet etc, but has anyone had anyproblems with it just flaking off in uncommon area's
Went to wash the car yesterday and found a piece of lacquer (about the size of a 20p piece) had come off just under the driver rear door handle on my LC. No apparent chip marks etc

Piccy below
DSC00128.jpg
Hi

Looks like more may come off and I am reluctant to wave a power washer at it. Am I right in thinking there is a 3 year manu warranty on paint

Mat138L

Nov 2, 2005
halifax
the warranty is on paint not lacquer and thats if its starting to rust as i had this on my R32 and that is what vw told me.Mine was right at the back near the front screen so no stone chips so lucky for me the place i got the car from got it sorted them selves and now its all done.If i was you give seat a call and see what they say as its worth trying.

tompotts

Touch me in the morning!
Mar 17, 2007
I think this is a problem for the whole german car scene, my old golf had little patches all over where the lacquer was coming loose, there isnt much you can do, except be very careful not to power wash or scrub around the area. It doesnt seem to spread much, which is a bit of a plus. :)

Jun 28, 2001
the lacquer is coming off ther because there's been a repair to that door and the handle has been taped up instead of been removed..lazy buggers

tompotts

Touch me in the morning!
Mar 17, 2007
good shout goble, Thats more than likely the reason, I didnt look at the picture:blink:

It would have to be something like that if the car is nearly new, do you know where the repair was done? if it was done at the dealers, surely you could kick up a fuss if it wasnt done that long ago.

skidder

BERK! FEED ME
Aug 9, 2006
Aberdeen
Dont think it has been repaired. Dealer went round the whole car measuring paint thickness and all seemd to be in order. Also went over the whole door with a fine tooth comb for signs of overspray and the wasn't any. You can usually tell if it has been painted after repair and there are no indications

Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
I spotted that I was missing laquer in the exact same spot on my driver's door handle at the weekend

702607_111_full.jpg

Guess mine must have been repaired too :(

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.