Laggy 130bhp

az20vt

Mar 29, 2008
Hi got a pd 130 with a problem since I bought it(cheap) it's very laggy as in no power below 2000 rpm checked all the usual suspects cam timing done logs on vag com for boost and doing as it should, I've deleted the egr, asv and replaced all the vacum pipes, even had turbo off and cleaned vnt out, but still it continues running out of ideas now as it's rubbish to drive my caddy sdi feels quicker.

Syko2005

Sep 5, 2015
Try disconnecting the maf sensor then take if for a drive. If it drives better its the maf at fault

big_wig_074

Sep 29, 2014
have you checked the actuator on the turbo?if its boosting as usual where are you taking your boost reading from? have you done a boost leak check including the intercooler?

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
Data logs needed. 4th gear WOT run from 1200rpm, log boost, fuelling and MAF reading, should be easy enough to pinpoint. Most issues like this nowadays are caused by partially seized VNTs, in your case not fully closing to generate max boost as early as possible in the rpm range

az20vt

Mar 29, 2008
Managed to sort the boosting problem with adjusting actuator rod length, but now have another slight problem when cruising at about 1700-2200 it has a slight missfire but clears after 2200 and is down on power, tried another lift pump and tandem pump so I'm thinking camshaft has worn, only bought the car to sell on as it's very tidy apart from these problems.