Latest must have car feature - mmm

• Thread starter Deleted member 103408
  • Start date

Deleted member 103408

Extract taken from a Bloomberg review of Tesla

The other features were pushed into the “Full Self Driving” feature package, which costs $8,000. With that comes Autopark, “Navigate on Autopilot” and a new feature called “Summon,” where your car will come find you “anywhere in a parking lot.” That feature will debut “imminently,” Musk said.

Yes thats right you will now be able to Summon your car and it will come find you ........

Whilst looking at all the new self drive stuff that is being planned I did wonder what this all meant for the drink driving laws.

If my car is self driving me home am I in control (in UK I am sure I would be simply because having the keys on me counts as being in control) and if two cars hit each other when being self driven who is at fault the owner or the manufacturer. Many lawyers must be looking forward to the future

Reactions: Seastormer

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I thought a couple of months back walking round the reservoir and it started to rain. Wouldn't it be ace if the car came to get me. But in reality there would have been a massive splash behind me. And that would have been that.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
This opens up a whole world of hurt... My 2015 focus had all the self parking in spaces and parallel etc tried it 5 times in one day and it only parked once correctly lol

I would not trust any auto driving car to come get me without either 1 - ripping the front bumper of another car, 2 - run someone over, 3 - pick the wrong person up and they drive off or 4 - do absolutely nothing.

What is awesome is teslas celebration mode lol

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.